After five years, lotus in Tinh Tam Lake in the Hue royal citadel, the famous lotus special of the ancient capital city, has revived.
4ha-Tinh Tam Lake is among beauty spots of Hue city. Because of pollution, lotus in the lake disappeared for five years, until now, thanks to the effort of the Center for Preservation of Hue Relics.
This year not only Tinh Tam Lake has lotus but other ponds and lakes in the royal citadel have this charming flower species.
Visitors can buy lotus and lotus seeds. A lotus is only VND1,500 to VND2,000 ($0.1).
Hundreds of people do morning exercise around Tinh Tam Lake. They said they come here not only for practicing morning exercise but also for seeing lotus.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam drags feet on visa reforms
» Police rewarded after arresting drug trafficking ring leader
» PM: Hai Phong does more to attract investment
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam seeks to establish national statistics council
- Book on trafficking survivors launched in Hanoi
- Induction stoves popular in City as gas prices rise
- Domestic violence prevention network launched
- Binh Dinh called to help fishermen prosper
- Authorities move to expand public transport in cities
- Teacher devotes love, passion for Down Syndrome children
- Rights of disabled people in spotlight
- President holds sitting with Govt Inspectorate
- Scholar: Vietnam ensures human, citizens’ rights
Popular Category Posts
- Secondary school students join wildlife protection programme
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- Ha Noi trade hotspots inspected for fire risk
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- Central Vietnam devastated after storm Wutip
- Facebook page of General Vo Nguyen Giap launched by his family
- U.S. reporter cries when talking about General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Hospitals pulled up on violation charges
- Fake doctors a big problem in HCM City