|1. NGOHAN JSC.|
City: Dong Nai Province
|2. Cowaelmic JSC.|
Category: Civil Engineering
City: Ha Noi
|3. Ngoc Hung Group|
City: Daklak Province
|4. Van Phat Hung Co., LTD.|
Category: Commercial Property
City: Ho Chi Minh
|5. Hoang Phat Vissai Group|
Category: Building Materials
City: Ninh Binh Province
|6. QNCC JSC.|
Category: Building Materials
City: Ha Long, Quang Ninh
Vietnam has been rated as the second happiest nation in the world thanks to its citizens’ high level of life satisfaction, high life expectancy, and environmental sustainability.
The Southeast Asian nation scored 60.4 in the top-ten list just behind Costa Rica that got 64 overall, according to the 2012 Happy Planet Index (HPI) report released by New Economics Foundation (NEF).
HPI uses global data on life expectancy, experienced well-being and Ecological Footprint to rank countries.
HPI was first announced in 2006 when Vietnam was positioned 12th. The country made great strides in improving people’s well-being, ranking 5th in the list when NEF published its HPI report for the second time in 2009.
Nine other countries in the top ten came from Latin America and the Caribbean.
In Southeast Asia, Indonesia was placed 14th, Thailand 20th, the Philippines 25th, Laos 37th, Myanmar 61st, Malaysia 84th, Cambodia 85th, and Singapore 90th.
Elsewhere in Asia, India was ranked 32nd, China 60th and the Republic of Korea 63rd.
Among the group of eight industrial nations, the UK was placed 41st, Japan 45th, Germany 46th, France 50th, Italy 51st, Canada 65th, the US 105th, and Russia 122nd.
NEF is a UK-based non-governmental organisation, working for a model of wealth creation, based on equality, diversity and economic stability.
|< Prev||Next >|
» The Vietnamese version of Chicago launched in HCM City
» President Sang’s visit to lift Vietnam-China ties
» Nearly 470 Vietnamese postgraduates study in US
Latest Category Posts
- Laos helps repatriate fallen Vietnamese martyrs
- Farmers to hold sixth congress in July
- Airline asked to prevent power-related delays
- Brown planthoppers attack Soc Trang City
- President Sang’s visit to lift Vietnam-China ties
- EU announces new ODA package
- Early intervention improves fertility odds
- City to focus on safe vegetables
- ADB, partners discuss green growth in GMS
- Nude mannequins on Saigon streets
Popular Category Posts
- Warning over the penetration of criminals into state agencies
- 80 percent of Vietnamese still support eating dog meat
- French tourists threaten to boycott Vietnam for dog meat
- Thai Nguyen’s policemen do not beat people, says official
- Woman stripped naked in a scene of jealousy
- Flu worries boost inspection efforts
- Dak Lak: Woman plants over 1,000 marijuana trees to feed pigs
- Visit the only dioxin detoxification “oven” in Vietnam
- Deputy PM orders crack down on crime in HCMC, Hanoi
- Traffic policemen learn how to smile with, apologize to people
- Ministry moves to help the disabled
- Rural midwives rewarded with pay rise
- Land-use certificates streamlined
- Nearly 400 people die and go missing every year because of natural disasters
- Plan may save 13 craft villages
- Taxi driver fined VND20 million for overcharging foreign tourists
- Public servants and drinking
- Vietnamese bride hang herself in South Korea
- Ha Tinh announces socio-economic development plan
- Hanoi continues to organize the vote of confidence