Women from the three provinces of Quang Tri in Vietnam, Savannakhet in Laos and Mukdahan in Thailand gathered together for a seminar in Quang Tri on June 20 to discuss the prevention of human trafficking.
For illustration only, Photo: Internet
The event was a joint initiative between the Women’s Union in central Quang Tri province and World Vision Vietnam.
According to those that attended, to prevent human trafficking, women’s unions at all levels in the three provinces have enhanced communications campaigns to raise public awareness of people trafficking.
The seminar heard presentations on the situation of Vietnam-Laos cross border human trafficking and discussed measures to improve the coordination of the agencies that combat people trafficking.
It also offered an opportunity for the women of Quang Tri, Savannakhet and Mukdahan provinces to share their experiences and put forward preventative measures.
On the occasion, the women unions of the three provinces signed a memorandum of understanding on joint efforts to prevent human trafficking.
According to statistics issued by the Ministry of Public Security, since 2005, Vietnam has recorded over 2,500 cases of human trafficking involving more than 5,700 victims, of whom 28 were from Quang Tri.
|< Prev||Next >|
» UN backing aids democratic progress
» Foreigner-related regulations take effect in Jan-Oct
» Police seize 2 human traffickers, rescue 3 victims
Latest Category Posts
- Hanoi offers Tet gifts to social beneficiaries
- UNICEF praises Vietnam’s primary education for all
- Social transformation management forum opens in Hanoi
- Rare snowfall disrupts life in northern provinces
- Hanoi hosts Vietnam Fashion Fair 2013
- Da Nang's Dragon Bridge wins US Diamond Award in 2014 EEA
- China Party delegation visits Vietnam
- Vinacomin, Czech businesses ink monorail conveyor contract
- India fosters stronger partnership with Vietnam
- Vietnam, China Parties target further cooperation
Popular Category Posts
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- U.S. reporter cries when talking about General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Facebook page of General Vo Nguyen Giap launched by his family
- The first images of Vietnam’s 90 millionth citizen
- Hospitals pulled up on violation charges
- Fake doctors a big problem in HCM City
- Big leaps after 25 years of renovation
- Bodies of two workers swept away in hydropower plant's tunnel found
- Farmers' Delta fishing dries up
- Two major hospitals in HCMC appropriate billion dong from patients
- Da Nang, Binh Phuoc get ready for one-stop policy
- 6 dead, 7 missing in heavily flooded central Vietnam
- The final minutes of General Vo Nguyen Giap
- 40 years on: When Fidel Castro came to town
- Italy to open consulate in HCM City this year
- Mechanisation transforms craft villages