Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung has approved the allocation of $105 million for the second phase of a secondary school development project, according to a report on the Government website.
For illustration purposes only, Photo: Tuoi Tre
Major funding for the project will be a 90 million USD loan from the Asia Development Bank (ADB), the report said.
The project aims to reform education and develop high-quality human resources for disadvantaged and ethnic minority communities.
It will begin implementation this August and end in December 2018, reaching 25 provinces and cities in difficult financial situations.
The Prime Minister also approved recently the Education Development Plan by 2020 which aims at improving the quality and reach of education at all levels in order to meet the demand for a high-quality workforce.
The plan targets all five-year-old children attending kindergarten by 2020. It also aims to expand primary school attendance to 99 percent, junior high school attendance to 95 percent and senior high school attendance to 80 percent of students in the relevant age groups.
It also seeks to ensure that 70 percent of children with disabilities attend school.
The rate of skilled workers in the nation’s labor force will increase to 70 percent from 40 percent in 2010.
By 2020, 25 percent of university lecturers and eight percent of college lectures are expected to have PhD degrees.
The plan will reassess textbooks and curricula at all levels and make required changes after 2015. The change will have a stronger focus on ethnics, life skills and career orientation.
|< Prev||Next >|
» New airport to be built in Binh Thuan
» 8-year-old kids row to school
» Parents pose as teens to protect kids online
Latest Category Posts
- New airport to be built in Binh Thuan
- 8-year-old kids row to school
- The funeral without the body - victim of cosmetic surgeon
- Two Vietnamese killed in Yemen terrorist attack
- Vietnam's population is aging the fastest in the world
- Farmers face difficulties in modern times
- Ha Noi reaches GRDP goals
- Hanoi’s mobile shops on motorcycles
- Delta applies technology to rice cultivation
- Quality assurance offered on smaller scale
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Secondary school students join wildlife protection programme
- Vietnam’s population hits 90 million
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Ha Noi trade hotspots inspected for fire risk
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- Rotary presents wheelchairs for children with disability
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- U.S. reporter cries when talking about General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Ha Noi police patrol streets to stop crime
- Central Vietnam devastated after storm Wutip