|1. Nam Cuong Group|
Category: Commercial Property
City: Ha Noi
|2. DANAMECO Medical JSC.|
Category: Medical Equipment
|3. Thanh Nam Group|
Category: Industrial Supplies
City: Ha Noi
|4. March 29 Textile...|
|5. AA Corp.|
Category: Architectural Services
City: Ho Chi Minh
|6. Sannam Group|
Category: Food Manufacturing
City: Ha Noi
HCM City should improve food safety and hygiene at all stages of the production cycle from farming to distribution, the head of the People's Council's Cultural and Social Affairs Board has said.
At a meeting between the council and the Department of Health on Wednesday, Huynh Cong Hung said he did not yet feel assured about the food safety and hygiene in the city.
Food contaminated by micro-organisms continued to be sold, while the sale of chemicals used as additives was not brought under control, he said.
For the sake of profits, manufacturers, especially small ones, and vendors were ready to flout safety and hygiene regulations, but Government agencies did not punish them severely enough, he said.
Huynh Le Thai Hoa, head of the city Food Safety and Hygiene Division, said his division faced many challenges.
Agricultural products from other provinces accounted for 80 per cent of those sold in the city, making it difficult to trace their origins, he said.
Violation of safety and hygiene norms remained widespread, he said, with 202 out of 326 food manufacturing and trading facilities inspected in the first six months guilty of it.
The Market Management Department carried out a further 4,200 inspections, discovering 1,800 other violations and seizing 300 tonnes of pork, chicken, eggs, cake, candy, jam, and other foods.
The city Department of Agriculture and Rural Development took food samples from three wholesale markets for testing, and found most meeting quality standards.
But, explained Thi Thi Nhung, Hung's deputy, while food sold in wholesale markets met safety and hygiene norms, they deteriorated after being bought and processed by small facilities, which lacked adequate facilities.
Nguyen Tan Binh, head of the health department, said his agency would take great care while issuing food safety and hygiene certificates to kitchens and canteens at schools and industrial parks.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Quang Nam gets nearly US$140 mln of ODA from WB
» Insect delicacies from Vietnam
» Bottled green tea market to be remapped by the big guys?
Latest Category Posts
- Poor households make up 9.64% of population
- Quang Nam gets nearly US$140 mln of ODA from WB
- Gov’t should have fewer duties, say experts
- Tetanus eliminated in Vietnam
- Bamboo plantations stem poverty in Lam Dong
- Lower land-use fees help City homeowners
- Experts support HPV vaccines in fight against cancer
- ‘Unreasonable' insurance plan ignored by farmers
- Farmer-firm linkups remain elusive despite Gov't efforts
- Citizens submit opinions on amended constitution
Random Category Picks
- Citizens to be granted lifelong ID number
- Ginger imports under scrutiny following Chinese toxin fears
- Hanoi to fine children without helmets
- Girl has her hair cut, eyebrows shaved in another case of jealousy
- PAPI 2012 shows better public governance, services
- Traffic police to toe the line by logging online
Popular Category Posts
- The forgotten Truong Sa sea battle
- After the sea battle
- Planned new opera house raises traffic concerns
- HCMC to pilot issuing taxi vouchers to passengers
- City compiles shortlist for IT-Telecom awards
- VN-Australia: From the steel bridge to the bridge of knowledge
- Deputy PM calls for greater effort in science and technology development
- Sunday market opens in city
- Chinese teaching books for kids with “U-shaped line” confiscated
- Vinamilk grants 1,000 scholarships to talented students
- Dong Nai authorities say ‘No’ to hydropower projects
- A young man’s sympathy for poor children
- Coach agent returns $3,800 to passenger
- Drivers wearing fake helmets to be fined $10
- Experts support higher retirement age
- Authorities act against restaurant for discrimination
- National Assembly’s Chair: The people decide the Constitution
- Expectations of the new Asian dragon
- Da Nang to report to the Politburo the “$160 million losses”
- Magical hands bring health studies to life