The Vietnam Office in Charge of seeking Missing People on Friday handed over to US representatives more sets of remains of American soldiers who lost their lives during the Vietnam War.
Speaking at the hand-over ceremony, US Government representatives highly valued the Vietnamese Government’s good willing to help investigate and repatriate remains of American solders over the past years.
This is the 123rd repatriation ceremony of the American soldiers’ remains after the War.
Over the past 24 years, experts from the Vietnam Office in Charge of seeking Mission People and the US Joint POW-MIA Accounting Command (JPAC) have investigated over 3,500 cases. Since 1973, 689 remains of American soldiers were identified in Vietnam, 257 in Laos, 33 in Cambodia and three in China.
At present, some 1,664 Americans are considered missing in action during the Vietnam War.
Source: VGP News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Cu Chi tunnels an underground tourist attraction
» Precious photos of the Vietnam War
» No more wandering souls
Latest Category Posts
- Police admit mistakes made in murder case investigation
- Vietnam's population is aging the fastest in the world
- Viet Nam delegation attends food conference
- Surgical lesson
- Delta applies technology to rice cultivation
- Quality assurance offered on smaller scale
- Human traffickers jailed for 72 years
- Four poisoned by alcohol in Quang Ninh
- National action month on population launched
- Saigon Co.op helps needy students
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Secondary school students join wildlife protection programme
- Vietnam’s population hits 90 million
- Vietnamese border guards rescue 19 Cambodians in flood
- US and Vietnamese authorities, businesses to share best practices in airport operations
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Ha Noi trade hotspots inspected for fire risk
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- Rotary presents wheelchairs for children with disability
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- Government moves to strengthen child adoption practices
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- NA Chairman calls for agriculture boost