Three workers died and four others were injured when a wall of a sewing factory in Ha Nam Province suddenly collapsed onto them yesterday.
One of the wounded workers being treated at the Ha Nam Province General Hospital, Photo: Tuoi Tre
At 4:10 pm Friday, a group of workers of Leojin Sewing Company in Dong Van Industrial Park were working when the accident happened.
Rescue efforts were deployed and seven workers were found in the debris. One of them, 19-year-old Tran Van Quy, of Ha Nam’s Kim Bang District, was found dead while six others were severely injured.
The injured were taken to Ha Nam General Hospital and several hours later, two more workers – Nguyen Thi Hanh, 31, a local woman, and Tran Thi Thoa, 39, of Hanoi – died.
The remaining are being treated at a local hospital and in Hanoi.
A scene of the accident that killed three workers in Ha Nam Province yesterday (Photo: Tuoi Tre)
Several large, heavy rolls of cloth that had been piled behind the wall could have caused the wall to fall, witnesses said.
The company has given VND20 million (US$960) to each family of the dead victims and VND5 million to each injured worker. The Provincial People’s Committee chairman, Mai Tien Dung, has visited the injured workers at the hospital.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Long 9-day Tet holiday makes businesses worried stiff
» 9-day Tet holiday approved: workers happy, businesses worried
» WB calls for re-think on staff training
Latest Category Posts
- PM approves action plan for ethnic work
- President signs order to implement newly revised Constitution
- PM says maintaining economic stability crucial for HCM City
- Party leader meets voters
- Viet Nam, Ukraine cement bilateral ties
- VN condemns Yemen attack
- US soldiers' remains formally repatriated
- Philippines keen to bolster ties with Viet Nam
- Vietnam, Spain speed up defence cooperation
- Viet Nam reviews human rights laws
Popular Category Posts
- Gold pit collapses, burying four gold miners
- Viet Nam, Belgium agree to widen business co-operation
- Singapore's PM eyes ASEAN goal
- Viet Nam, Russia hold sixth strategic dialogue
- Typhoon Nari devastates central Vietnam
- State funeral to be held for General Giap
- PM Dung welcomes strategic partnership efforts with France
- NA chairman greets UK's Prince Andrew
- Thousands of people march on street with pregnant woman’s coffin
- China, VN build Friendship Palace
- VN, France talk defence
- 3 Vietnamese expats among 49 killed in Laos plane crash
- Deputy PM greets China–Vietnam Association Chairman
- Party Plenum opens in Ha Noi
- General Vo Nguyen Giap leaves Hanoi in people's tears
- Foreign ship in distress near Ly Son Island
- Deputy PM praises elderly role models for development drive
- Revised law eyes better environment for bidding
- Thousands of people pray at General Vo Nguyen Giap’s grave
- Death toll in firework warehouse explosion in Phu Tho rises to 24