Leaders of Da Nang city and Khanh Hoa province have raised their voice to oppose China’s decision to establish the so-called Sansha city that administratively covers the Vietnamese island districts of Hoang Sa and Truong Sa.
The island district of Truong Sa is an inseparable part of the Vietnamese territory and under the administrative management of the central province of Khanh Hoa , said Nguyen Chien Thang, Chairman of the Khanh Hoa Provincial People’s Committee.
He said the Khanh Hoa administration and people are discontented with the Chinese decision which seriously violates Vietnam ’s sovereignty and has no legal value.
“We strongly oppose and demand that China quash the wrongful and illegal decision, and do not take further action detrimental to bilateral ties and the friendship between the two countries, as well as sentiments of Khanh Hoa people,” said Thang.
The same day, Chairman of the Da Nang Municipal People’s Committee Van Huu Chien also stated that the island district of Hoang Sa is an inseparable part of the Vietnamese territory and under the administrative management of the central city of Da Nang .
He strongly opposed the Chinese plan and requested China to rescind it and take no further action that damages relations between the two countries, as well as Da Nang people’s sentiments.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnamese people consume 3 billion litres of beer in 2013
» Korea to provide $1 mln nuclear equipment to Vietnamese university
» $2,500 for a pair of Dong Tao chickens
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam promotes gender equality, women’s rights
- Vietnam prepares for UN anti-corruption convention review
- 300 year-old tomb discovered, being studied
- $2,500 for a pair of Dong Tao chickens
- One in three kids have no birth certificate
- 3 injured in southern Vietnam fire
- Lam Dong Province donates charity house to veteran soldier
- Lang Son border gates brace for H7N9 virus spread
- Vietnam urged to ratify global waterways treaty
- HCM City marks upcoming Japanese National Day
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- General Vo Nguyen Giap to rest in peace on Quang Binh’s island
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- Central Vietnam devastated after storm Wutip
- Facebook page of General Vo Nguyen Giap launched by his family
- U.S. reporter cries when talking about General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Hospitals pulled up on violation charges
- The first images of Vietnam’s 90 millionth citizen
- Fake doctors a big problem in HCM City
- Bodies of two workers swept away in hydropower plant's tunnel found