|1. Hanoi Sky Travel /...|
Category: Tour Operators
City: Ha Noi
|2. The Nam Hai Hotel|
Category: Hotels & Resort
City: Hoi An
|3. Halong Cruise Tours...|
Category: Tour Operators
City: Ha Noi
|4. Questar Inc.|
Category: Software Applications
City: Ho Chi Minh
|5. Noi Ha Property Co. Ltd.|
Category: Estate Agents
|6. New Peaks Real Estate...|
Category: Property Consultants
City: Ha Noi
The lives of the pets in rich families prove to be much happier than many people: they can eat the best food, use the best things and receive the loving care from owners.
P, the owner of a bulldog imported from France, came to the National Veterinary Hospital at No. 108 Truong Chinh Road in Hanoi yesterday to buy necessary things for the pet dog. She said she bought the dog at 3000 dollars.
3000 dollars is equal to 60 million dong, which is equal to the six-month income of a Vietnamese person who is considered a high income earner.
“I am always very picky when buying food for the pet, because it is difficult to bring up the foreign dog species,” P said.
“It has been eating foreign milk since it was small. Therefore, my youngest son has to send milk from the US every month. The bulldog needs 2 powder milk cans a month, each of which is worth 800,000 dong,” she continued.
At the “pet kingdom” located on Truong Chinh road, one can find everything he needs for the pets, from food to clothes, medicine to cosmetics. Le Thu Ngan, a customer, who was seen paying 200,000 dong for a mini-perfume bottle made in Japan, explained that this is the perfume brand most suitable to her dog.
“The smell is very pleasant. Prior to that, I consulted with a veterinary doctor who advised to buy this perfume product, saying that this would not cause allergy to my pet dog,” she said.
Companion Pets Class, a kind of dry food for pets, seems to be most favorite, is selling at 500,000 dong per pack of 10 kilos, while a bowl for dogs is priced at 100,000-120,000 dong, and the toys which give sounds at 20,000-80,000 dong. Besides, one also can find clothes, the tool to trim hair, make up nails, toothpaste and jewelries.
The owner of the 6 storey “cat and dog resort” on Truong Dinh Street in Hanoi said that he charges 500-800,000 dong a day for keeping and taking care for dogs. On average, a dog at the resort needs 15 million dong a month here. The cat and dog resort gives medical treatment to 300 pets a month. More than 10 veterinary doctors are working there, in charge of taking care for the pets.
The rich in big cities like Hanoi and HCM City have been splashing money on breeding their pets. Thanh, 40, said that she has a very valuable dog, which is the gift from parents, who live overseas.
“The dog has been living together with us for the last 10 years. At that time, it cost 30 million dong. I wish the doctors can cure my dog. I can pay whatever they want,” she said.
The woman has also revealed that the favorite milk of the pet dog is a bio milk product, priced at 800,000 dong per can, which can be used for one month.
This would be a surprise to many people that at the cat and dog kingdom covering an area of 10,000 square meters at No. 167 Truong Dinh Street, besides the healthcare centers and supermarkets specializing to serve pets, a five star hotel, there is also a cemetery, where the pets are buried.
Nguyen Bao Sinh, the owner of the kingdom, said that there are about 500 tombstones of cats and dogs. The owners of the pets regularly come there on the weekend to visit the graves. Especially, they always bring the food that the pets most liked when they were alive, such as milk and cookies.
Sinh said that the pet owner has to pay 3-5 million dong for burial services. Here, each of the graves has a thurible, a headstone with engraved of words showing the years of birth, years of deaths of the pets, and their names as well.
Source: Nguoi dua tin/ VNN
|< Prev||Next >|
» Pets head to Vatican and Spain churches for blessing
» Noise pollution tortures city dwellers
» The tragedies of the children from rich families
Latest Category Posts
- Constitution revision on Assembly agenda
- Illegal Chinese freight carriers banned
- Tra Vinh official arrested for bribery
- Da Nang police swoop on gambling ring
- Citizens submit opinions on amended constitution
- Airport customs officers seized over 5kg rhino horns
- “Vietnam in int’l community” discussed in Russia
- Five arrested for robbing taxi drivers
- Vietnamese students win fourth prizes at Intel ISEF 2013
- Vietnamese students win prizes at Intel ISEF 2013
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- The forgotten Truong Sa sea battle
- After the sea battle
- Planned new opera house raises traffic concerns
- HCMC to pilot issuing taxi vouchers to passengers
- City compiles shortlist for IT-Telecom awards
- Deputy PM calls for greater effort in science and technology development
- Sunday market opens in city
- Chinese teaching books for kids with “U-shaped line” confiscated
- Vinamilk grants 1,000 scholarships to talented students
- Dong Nai authorities say ‘No’ to hydropower projects
- A young man’s sympathy for poor children
- Drivers wearing fake helmets to be fined $10
- Authorities act against restaurant for discrimination
- National Assembly’s Chair: The people decide the Constitution
- Pretty girls work as xe om drivers
- Family Year to be launched this month
- Woman survives after 3 days soaked in mud
- Constitution changes ‘advance human rights'
- No fine for helmet users: minister
- HIV/AIDS fight faces cash crunch