Seeing 11-month-old toddler Bui Thi Anh, nobody would think she was born weighing 1.8kg when her mother was only seven months pregnant.
A doctor treats a premature infant at the neonatal unit of Thanh Hoa Obstetrics Hospital. This year, neonatal units were expanded to 11 out of 27 districts in the province, and the rate of fatalities has decreased sharply. (Photo: VNS)
"At birth, doctors said she had trouble breathing and needed emergency aid," said Truong Thi Bich, Anh's mother from Nhu Thanh District, central Thanh Hoa Province.
Anh subsequently received 10 days of care in the Nhu Thanh Hospital's neonatal unit.
"I was very worried, but with care from doctors and nurses, my daughter and I were discharged in a stable condition," Bich said.
Nurse Le Thi Nuong, who has taken care of many infants, said Anh was surprisingly not the lightest baby to be born at the facility.
Source: Viet Nam News
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Successive drop in new cases of HIV in last four years
- Vitamin A tablets turn out to be beans
- VN to have 25,000 new breast cancer cases a year
- H7N9 cannot infect humans easily: study
- Country struggles to control cancer incidence
- Indochina Pharmaceutical Conference opens in HCM City
- Saudi fund supports healthcare project in Hoa Binh
- Those between 16-22 years masturbate most, survey shows
- HCM City orders doctors to do grassroots work
- Cancer drug Xeloda linked to severe skin reactions
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Quinvaxem vaccine returns after five months of suspension
- Vietnam's average life expectancy touches 73
- Vietnamese people shortest in Southeast Asia
- Inspectors check up on foreign doctors
- Immunisation safety imperative
- A big challenge to elderly care services
- HCMC to use insurance cards with bar codes next month
- The Vietnamese are shortest in the region
- Childhood obesity at alarming level in five major cities
- Public hospitals offer incentives to ease doctor shortage
- Doctors warn potential risks of milk powder sold in unmarked plastic bags
- Overweight and obese children in VN increase 9 times in 10 years
- Preschools struggle to cope with pinkeye
- Global bodies warn that milk substitutes put babies at risk
- Fish lunch poisons more than 200 workers
- Seminar promotes healthy eating, exercise in HCM City
- Canadian researchers develop new tuberculosis vaccine to boost BCG efficacy
- Thousands affected as eye disease rages across capital
- Rise in medical violations blamed on inept inspectors
- Online outreach scheme effective for men with HIV