Chairman Huynh Van To of Ganh Hao town in the southern province of Bac Lieu has been dismissed for appropriating part of payment of cleaning workers and committing financial violations.
Ganh Hao market.
To has been also dismissed from the post of Vice Party Secretary of Ganh Hao town.
According to investigators, To broke financial regulations. Specifically, he wrongly spent VND600 million, of which he embezzled VND51 million ($2,500), including VND13 million ($600) of a cleaning worker – an old woman named Tran Thi Diep.
Diep was a cleaning worker at Ganh Hao market, earning VND300,000 ($15) per month. However, in documents made by former Chairman To”s inferior, Diep was paid VND1 million ($50)/month. The remaining VND700,000 ($35) was used to pay phone charges and gifts for To.
The former Chairman explained to investigators that VND1 million was paid to several cleaning workers at Ganh Hao market but he could not point out other cleaning workers.
Ms. Diep is very poor. She is living in a tent in the market. The local authorities are considering Diep”s petition for the money that was appropriated by the former town Chairman.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Unsmiling, unqualified civil servants should be sacked: official
» Leaders of SOEs to be dismissed for slow non-core investment withdrawal
» Health worker dismissed
Latest Category Posts
- HCM City per capita income to top $4,500
- US pays for cleanup of dioxin-tainted soil
- Deputy PM welcomes Thai official in Hanoi
- Togo seeks agriculture cooperation with Vietnam
- Estonia lauds relations with Vietnam
- Vietnam forges cooperative ties with Bolivia
- International Volunteer Day marked in Vietnam
- UNICEF raises funds for Vietnamese children
- Improving climate change communication effectiveness
- Danang joins Resilient Cities
Popular Category Posts
- Secondary school students join wildlife protection programme
- Vietnam’s population hits 90 million
- Vietnamese border guards rescue 19 Cambodians in flood
- US and Vietnamese authorities, businesses to share best practices in airport operations
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Ha Noi trade hotspots inspected for fire risk
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- Rotary presents wheelchairs for children with disability
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- Government moves to strengthen child adoption practices
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- City families shifted for embankment works
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- 4 bodies stuck in car found after flashflood