A website specializing in odd finds around the globe has recently listed Vietnam’s monkey bridges among the scariest in the world.
Toptensthings.com notes that the unique bridges traditionally are made of a single bamboo pole, which require people to crouch like a primate to cross.
“These bridges are located on several points across the Mekong Delta at the southern tip of Vietnam. They are built by local residents and vary from town to town”, the site says of its 7th place entry in the Top 10 Scariest Bridges of the World.
According to the ranking, Aiguille du Midi Bridge in France is the most dangerous because it is a dizzying 12,605 feet above sea level.
Other bridges to make the cut include the Seven Mile Bridge in Florida, the Sidu River Bridge in China, and the Hussaini Hanging Bridge in Northern Pakistan.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam’s monkey bridges among the world’s scariest bridges
Latest Category Posts
- Social Headlines December 7
- The funeral without the body - victim of cosmetic surgeon
- Two Vietnamese killed in Yemen terrorist attack
- Vietnam, China officials talk border, territory issues
- Police admit mistakes made in murder case investigation
- Vietnam's population is aging the fastest in the world
- Farmers face difficulties in modern times
- Ha Noi reaches GRDP goals
- Viet Nam delegation attends food conference
- Surgical lesson
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Secondary school students join wildlife protection programme
- Vietnam’s population hits 90 million
- Vietnamese border guards rescue 19 Cambodians in flood
- US and Vietnamese authorities, businesses to share best practices in airport operations
- Super typhoon makes landfall in central Vietnam
- Newborn baby ineligibly named board chairman
- HCM City to inspect 25 state-owned firms
- Ha Noi trade hotspots inspected for fire risk
- Are dog thieves to blame for fatal vigilante attacks?
- Rotary presents wheelchairs for children with disability
- General Vo Nguyen Giap's funeral in Quang Binh
- Foreigners praise General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Vietnam mourns General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Japanese teacher’s body kept in hospital in HCMC
- Finance ministry’s salary cut proposal faces government opposition
- Government moves to strengthen child adoption practices
- City families shifted for embankment works
- Vietnam to restructure agriculture and profit farmers: Minister
- In pictures: People pay tribute to General Giap outside funeral home
- NA Chairman calls for agriculture boost