A recent string of accidents and dangers due to infrastructure problems in Ho Chi Minh City has led to an urgent push to inspect and repair problems in the city immediately.
Ho Chi Minh City’s transportation department has asked technical infrastructure management agencies to quickly inspect and repair infrastructure defects in a push to prevent and reduce accidents.
The order was made amid strong public criticism towards the city’s poor management that has led to many accidents recently.
Manhole covers built higher than the road surface without a barrier or notice is a dangerous obstacle on Tran Ba Giao street
It is estimated that there are currently 31 manholes in the city, causing many serious accidents and damage.
The transportation department has asked the people’s committees at lower levels to enhance the inspection to timely detect the infrastructure defects or works built without the proper consent to repair them.
The department has also asked the Saigon Water Supply Company and management centre of the programmes against floods to check that water supply and drainage systems contain the subsidence of the road surface due to damaged water pipes or sluices.
It urged the management board or project owner of infrastructure under construction on roads to closely monitor their work and to prevent any possible manholes.
|< Prev||Next >|
» PM Dung greets Thai, Indian ambassadors
» Deputy PM Minh lays floral tribute to Nelson Mandela
» Dak Nong invests 50 billion VND to upgrade rural roads
Latest Category Posts
- Ca Pass tunnel project shifts to local funds
- Tunnels planned at An Suong, Thu Duc intersections
- Expressway cuts HCM City-Vung Tau travel time to 2 hours
- City prepares to open new airport road
- Authorities move to expand public transport in cities
- Dutch man died in road accident
- Deputy PM examines highway project
- Two traffic construction projects near completion
- VietjetAir opens new air route from Vinh to Da Lat
- Congratulations on Laos’ National Day
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- HCMC to have first Bus Rapid Transit by 2018
- Ha Noi buses get fast lane in public transport upgrade
- Japanese teacher dies after being run over by bus
- 3.6 billion USD railway to connect HCM City, Can Tho
- Director Do Quoc Trung, film, Hanoi's Cinema and Stage College
- New bridge eases city congestion
- New HCM City fly-overs make congestion worse
- Car accident kills five in Lai Chau
- Half of major expressway ready this year
- MoU inked for City railway plan
- North-South railroad submerged, all trains canceled
- Traffic accident kills one, injures over 20 in Ninh Thuan
- Hanoi inaugurates biggest flyover
- Primary school kids learn "safe walking"
- Man fined $300 for driving bike with feet
- 17 injured in Dong Nai car accident
- Activities planned to commemorate road dead victims
- Overturned motorboat leaves 6 dead, 1 missing
- Tropical to hit Philippines’ Palawan, heading for Vietnam
- 51 traffic accidents per day over past week nationwide