A park for children’s safety in traffic was inaugurated at a primary school in Dong Nai province on November 3 with financial assistance from an international umbrella group, making it the first of its kind in Vietnam.
The 71,000-plus USD project, with funding from the FedEx company, has been designed as a miniature city on 1,700 sq. m., with railways, highways, overpasses, a traffic light system, and footpaths.
The project was also sponsored by the Asia Injury Prevention Foundation (AIP) and Safe Kids Worldwide.
The park will help train primary pupils in traffic safety skills, strictly following traffic guidelines shown by traffic lights and signals.
Fedex also presented the provincial education service with a set of electronic curriculum, including a computer, a projector and curricula, which will show children in different traffic situations and show potential dangers if they ignore traffic rules.
Mirjam Sidik, executive manager of AIP-Vietnam, said pedestrians are the group most vulnerable to traffic injuries. The situation called for education of pupils in safe traffic behaviour, along with investment in upgrading infrastructure surrounding schools, as the best ways for children to protect themselves from traffic accidents.
Over 60 percent of children from Quang Bien primary school in the southern province of Dong Nai have to walk to school along accident-prone roads.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Education expert urges a renovation in education
» Dong Nai Hospital to use helicopters for emergencies
» Vietnam, Uruguay promote multifaceted cooperation
Latest Category Posts
- Dutch man died in road accident
- Deputy PM examines highway project
- Two traffic construction projects near completion
- VietjetAir opens new air route from Vinh to Da Lat
- Congratulations on Laos’ National Day
- VN firm bids high for toll rights
- Electric cars cause traffic problem in Old Quarte
- PM supports modern bus, rail system for Ha Noi
- Expressway work lags behind schedule
- Truck plunges into abyss, three people died in Nghe An
Popular Category Posts
- HCMC to have first Bus Rapid Transit by 2018
- Japanese teacher dies after being run over by bus
- Ha Noi buses get fast lane in public transport upgrade
- 3.6 billion USD railway to connect HCM City, Can Tho
- Director Do Quoc Trung, film, Hanoi's Cinema and Stage College
- New bridge eases city congestion
- New HCM City fly-overs make congestion worse
- Car accident kills five in Lai Chau
- Half of major expressway ready this year
- MoU inked for City railway plan
- North-South railroad submerged, all trains canceled
- Traffic accident kills one, injures over 20 in Ninh Thuan
- Hanoi inaugurates biggest flyover
- Primary school kids learn "safe walking"
- Man fined $300 for driving bike with feet
- 17 injured in Dong Nai car accident
- Activities planned to commemorate road dead victims
- Overturned motorboat leaves 6 dead, 1 missing
- 51 traffic accidents per day over past week nationwide
- Tropical to hit Philippines’ Palawan, heading for Vietnam