Ha Noi Police, in co-operation with city transport inspectors, started a one-month scheme for inspecting taxi operations throughout the city yesterday, May 9.
Vice Director of the Ha Noi Transport Department Nguyen Hoang Linh, said that eight groups of inter-sector inspectors would concentrate on punishing violations such as illegal parking, failing to show driving licenses and business insignias.
The department will task relevant authorities with suspending the operation of businesses whose taxis were found to have regularly violated regulations Linh said, adding that his department would review and add additional parking lots for taxis in order to help facilitate operations.
During the first four months of 2011, inspectors punished around 1,640 violators for common violations including illegal parking, driving in the wrong lanes, operating without licenses, violating traffic laws and installing or using substandard taximeter.
The Vice Director General of the Mai Linh Taxi Group confirmed that strict punishments, especially with regards to illegal taxis, would create a healthier, competitive environment for firms, seeing as substandard services affect the sector's prestige.
Up until April, the city had 114 taxi firms with more than 15,000 taxis and 20,000 taxi drivers. During 2010, taxis transported around 40 million passengers.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Ministries unite to track down overloaded trucks
» Toll hikes concern transport operators
» Prime Minister visits Japan to bolster economic co-operation
Latest Category Posts
- Ministries unite to track down overloaded trucks
- Officials urged to speed up road works
- Ca Pass tunnel project shifts to local funds
- Tunnels planned at An Suong, Thu Duc intersections
- Expressway cuts HCM City-Vung Tau travel time to 2 hours
- City prepares to open new airport road
- Authorities move to expand public transport in cities
- Dutch man died in road accident
- Deputy PM examines highway project
- Two traffic construction projects near completion
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Ha Noi buses get fast lane in public transport upgrade
- 3.6 billion USD railway to connect HCM City, Can Tho
- Japanese teacher dies after being run over by bus
- Director Do Quoc Trung, film, Hanoi's Cinema and Stage College
- New bridge eases city congestion
- New HCM City fly-overs make congestion worse
- Car accident kills five in Lai Chau
- Half of major expressway ready this year
- MoU inked for City railway plan
- North-South railroad submerged, all trains canceled
- Traffic accident kills one, injures over 20 in Ninh Thuan
- Hanoi inaugurates biggest flyover
- Primary school kids learn "safe walking"
- Man fined $300 for driving bike with feet
- 17 injured in Dong Nai car accident
- Activities planned to commemorate road dead victims
- Overturned motorboat leaves 6 dead, 1 missing
- 51 traffic accidents per day over past week nationwide
- Tropical to hit Philippines’ Palawan, heading for Vietnam
- In photos: Coach plunges into stream, 2 died, 33 inured