Driving a motorbike through a railway without careful observation, a man was hit by a train and pulled for more than 10 meters.
The intersection where the accident happened.
The accident occurred at 10.11am of June 8 in the central province of Thanh Hoa. The victim is Mr. Phan Ngoc De, 62, in Nga Son district of Thanh Hoa province.
According to police and witnesses, De was on his way from Nga Son to Thanh Hoa city when he drove his motorbike across an intersection between railway and road in Tao Xuyen town, Hoang Hoa district.
De crossed the railway without careful observation, so he did not see the coming train. As a result, the Hanoi-Saigon train directly hit the man. After crashing into the man, the train dragged the man and his motorbikes for over 10m.
The man died immediately while his motorbike was completely crushed.
The railway-road intersection is a ‘black spot’ where many accidents happened.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Banks cannot find foreign currency borrowers in high season
» Woman sues cop for unlawful corset search
» Hue-based plant fined $12,000 for polluted discharge
Latest Category Posts
- Officials urged to speed up road works
- Ca Pass tunnel project shifts to local funds
- Tunnels planned at An Suong, Thu Duc intersections
- Expressway cuts HCM City-Vung Tau travel time to 2 hours
- City prepares to open new airport road
- Authorities move to expand public transport in cities
- Dutch man died in road accident
- Deputy PM examines highway project
- Two traffic construction projects near completion
- VietjetAir opens new air route from Vinh to Da Lat
Popular Category Posts
- HCMC to have first Bus Rapid Transit by 2018
- Ha Noi buses get fast lane in public transport upgrade
- Japanese teacher dies after being run over by bus
- 3.6 billion USD railway to connect HCM City, Can Tho
- Director Do Quoc Trung, film, Hanoi's Cinema and Stage College
- New bridge eases city congestion
- New HCM City fly-overs make congestion worse
- Car accident kills five in Lai Chau
- Half of major expressway ready this year
- MoU inked for City railway plan
- North-South railroad submerged, all trains canceled
- Traffic accident kills one, injures over 20 in Ninh Thuan
- Hanoi inaugurates biggest flyover
- Primary school kids learn "safe walking"
- Man fined $300 for driving bike with feet
- 17 injured in Dong Nai car accident
- Activities planned to commemorate road dead victims
- Overturned motorboat leaves 6 dead, 1 missing
- 51 traffic accidents per day over past week nationwide
- Tropical to hit Philippines’ Palawan, heading for Vietnam