Ho Chi Minh City Department of Planning and Investment said Tuesday the city had disbursed only VND9.4 trillion (US$482 million) of the total VND23 trillion allocated for infrastructure projects.
In a meeting with HCMC People’s Council’s Economic and Budget Committee, the department admitted the slow progress of ODA-funded projects.
According to the department, there are a number of rampant projects overseen by district authorities, with investors leaving all the related paperwork for consultants.
It said all of the infrastructure projects funded by Official Development Assistance (ODA) had lagged behind schedule. Among them, the East-West Highway project is now waiting for additional funding.
The HCMC People’s Council deputies proposed to clarify the cause of the slow progress of ODA projects to find solutions in the near future.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Flood-tide to reach peak in 61 years, Saigon to be submerged again
- Pavement parking gets green light from the Government
- Da Nang joins Resilient Cities
- Hanoi to have two new districts
- High-tech milk farming needed
- Rural living standards still low
- IFAD assists VN in rural development
- Nearly half of rural people say unhappy
- Resettlement creates instability
- Survey says only 7% of rural people are 'very satisfied with life'
Popular Category Posts
- Project delays plague HCMC, Da Nang
- Preservation plan makes houses in Hanoi’s Old Quarter unmarketable
- Hanoi to bury 80 percent of cables in 2020
- Hanoi’s populous district may be split into two
- Floods at record high in Ho Chi Minh City
- Danang gets street smart, thanks to IBM
- Ha Noi reviews failing infrastructure projects
- HCM City: new rural area building narrows urban-rural gap
- HCM City enhances its efforts to combat floods
- City sees high tide rise highest in ten years
- New HCM City ring road offers traffic relief
- HCM City gives walkers a break
- Undersea cable powers East Sea island
- Hanoi aims to facelift the old quarter
- Vietinbank funds tunnel project in central region
- Da Nang finishes clean-up following storm Nari
- Da Lat to become WiFi city
- Ha Noi wellbeing scheme spotlights the good, bad and ugly of VN capital
- A unique organic guava farm in Dak Nong
- Son La accelerates supplying clean water to rural population