A dozen of parking lots in Hanoi have been fined for overcharging customers. Police officers are allowed to disguise to find out parking fee violations.
Lieutenant-general Nguyen Duc Nhanh, Director of the Hanoi Police Agency, said that from now on, not only transport police and transport inspectors, but also economic police also involve in punishing parking fee violations.
Apart from scheduled and unscheduled inspections, economic police officers can disguise themselves as drivers to detect parking fee violations.
General Nhanh said that there are over 1,000 parking lots in Hanoi, including 350 unlicensed parking lots which often violate the regulations on parking fees. Hanoi authorities have fined 14 parking lots.
The Hanoi Police Agency and the Hanoi Department of Transport will join hands to inspect parking lots in the city.
“Parking lots that have broken the rules several times or those operate illegally will be closed,” General Nhanh said.
According to regulations, the parking fees for bicycles is VND1,000/time, VND2,000/night and VND25,000/month. For motorbikes, the fees are VND2,000, VND3,000 and VND45,000 respectively.
For cars of nine seats and less, and trucks of less than 1.5 tons, the fees are VND10,000/time and VND20,000 for cars of ten seats or more, and trucks of over 1.5 tons. The parking fees at night must not be three times over the daylight fees.
However, most of parking lots in Hanoi collect very high fees, which are often 1 to 3 times over the regulations.
|< Prev||Next >|
» New airport to be built in Binh Thuan
» Ha Noi reaches GRDP goals
» Vietnam attends UMNO's 64th General Assembly
Latest Category Posts
- Flood-tide to reach peak in 61 years, Saigon to be submerged again
- Pavement parking gets green light from the Government
- Da Nang joins Resilient Cities
- Hanoi to have two new districts
- High-tech milk farming needed
- Rural living standards still low
- IFAD assists VN in rural development
- Nearly half of rural people say unhappy
- Resettlement creates instability
- Survey says only 7% of rural people are 'very satisfied with life'
Popular Category Posts
- Hanoi to bury 80 percent of cables in 2020
- Hanoi’s populous district may be split into two
- Floods at record high in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ha Noi reviews failing infrastructure projects
- Danang gets street smart, thanks to IBM
- HCM City: new rural area building narrows urban-rural gap
- HCM City enhances its efforts to combat floods
- City sees high tide rise highest in ten years
- New HCM City ring road offers traffic relief
- Hanoi aims to facelift the old quarter
- HCM City gives walkers a break
- Undersea cable powers East Sea island
- Vietinbank funds tunnel project in central region
- Da Nang finishes clean-up following storm Nari
- Da Lat to become WiFi city
- A unique organic guava farm in Dak Nong
- Ha Noi wellbeing scheme spotlights the good, bad and ugly of VN capital
- Son La accelerates supplying clean water to rural population
- Approaches to new rural development in Vietnam
- Agro insurance suffers VN growing pains