A section of Saigon River is wrapped by coal dust. Whenever vessels run through, coal dust flies in all directions.
The incident was reported in the morning of June 4, under the foot of Phu My Bridge, District 7, HCM City.
People saw a black track of hundred meters long running from this bank to the other bank of the river.
From afar, it looked like an oil spill. However, whenever a ship ran through, black dust flew up. According to Dai Minh, a private waterway rescue company in Saigon River, that black track was coal dust, left by some coal barges.
Until early June 5, the coal dust was not solved by any agency and it kept floating to Thu Thiem Bridge.
|< Prev||Next >|
» HCM City suffers flooding caused by high river water
» Cu Chi by river
» River-way tourism – Saigon’s new resources
Latest Category Posts
- HCMC: Water losses estimated at 500,000 cu.m/day
- VN targets int'l crab fishing accreditation
- Untreated toxic waste excavated in central region
- Vietnamese students make interlocking block bricks from SIT
- Dam work begins on Trung Son hydroelectric project
- Germany funds Vietnamese biodiversity preservation
- Company closed for dumping waste
- Dak Nong authorities want to chase-off wild elephants
- Tough fine follows red-mud spill
- Vietnam pledges to build maritime reserves
Popular Category Posts
- Climate change threatens agricultural development
- Central region faces serious flooding consequences
- MoIT asked to rethink hydro-power plants
- Authorities' ability questioned after toxic waste case
- Natural forests disappear, rubber growing areas arise
- Warmer oceans may up mercury levels in fish: study
- In pictures: Hundreds protest sand dredging, which causes coastal erosion
- High-school students make environment-friendly soap
- HCMC hospital installs water treatment system
- Seminar discusses coastal area climate change adaptation
- Government sniffing out sub-standard hydro projects
- Scientists call for urgent actions to rescue dipterocarp forests
- VN invests in waste treatment
- Delta builds water treatment plants
- People destroy elephants’ house in central region
- Vietnam pays dearly for loosened mining management
- Vietnam repeats “hydropower mistake” with oil refineries?
- PM decided to rescue Cat Tien national park
- Central provinces pay heavy price for rubber development
- Illegal hunting of sea turtles runs rampant