The Mekong Delta city of Can Tho is upgrading its urban infrastructure under a US$90.3 million project funded by the World Bank (WB)’s loans.
A large street in Can Tho city , Photo: megafun.vn
Thirty one urban areas in Ninh Kieu, Binh Thuy, Cai Rang and O Mon districts will have improved transport infrastructure, water and electricity systems and environmental hygiene equipment after the project completes in 2017. Half a million people will benefit directly and indirectly from the improvements.
Can Tho is among six cities in the Mekong Delta to be upgraded under a scheme signed on May 14, 2012 between the Vietnamese Government and the WB, which was worth over $392 million.
The other beneficiary cities are My Tho, Ca Mau, Cao Lanh, Rach Gia and Tra Vinh. When it finishes in 2018, the project will improve living conditions for over 2 million local residents.
|< Prev||Next >|
» PISA tests makes MOET surprised, students proud and embarrassed
» HCMC, New South Wales to cooperate in vocational training venture
» New Fahasa Bookstore opens in Phan Thiet City
Latest Category Posts
- Flood-tide to reach peak in 61 years, Saigon to be submerged again
- Pavement parking gets green light from the Government
- Da Nang joins Resilient Cities
- Hanoi to have two new districts
- High-tech milk farming needed
- Rural living standards still low
- IFAD assists VN in rural development
- Nearly half of rural people say unhappy
- Resettlement creates instability
- Survey says only 7% of rural people are 'very satisfied with life'
Popular Category Posts
- Hanoi to bury 80 percent of cables in 2020
- Hanoi’s populous district may be split into two
- Floods at record high in Ho Chi Minh City
- Ha Noi reviews failing infrastructure projects
- Danang gets street smart, thanks to IBM
- HCM City: new rural area building narrows urban-rural gap
- HCM City enhances its efforts to combat floods
- City sees high tide rise highest in ten years
- New HCM City ring road offers traffic relief
- HCM City gives walkers a break
- Undersea cable powers East Sea island
- Hanoi aims to facelift the old quarter
- Vietinbank funds tunnel project in central region
- Da Lat to become WiFi city
- Da Nang finishes clean-up following storm Nari
- Ha Noi wellbeing scheme spotlights the good, bad and ugly of VN capital
- A unique organic guava farm in Dak Nong
- Son La accelerates supplying clean water to rural population
- Approaches to new rural development in Vietnam
- Agro insurance suffers VN growing pains