HCM City plans further cooperation with Cambodia in all areas, including trade, healthcare, agriculture, and education and training, according to Le Hoang Quan, chairman of the city's People's Committee.
Speaking at a meeting in the city yesterday on the 45th anniversary (June 24) of the establishment of Viet Nam – Cambodia diplomatic ties, Quan said cooperative relations with Cambodia's capital city, Phnom Penh, began in 1999. To date, HCM City has developed 34 projects in Cambodia, with a total investment of nearly US$198 million.
The project to build the Cho Ray – Phnom Penh Hospital, with a capacity of 500 beds at a cost of $42.37 million, is expected to be operational in June next year. Cho Ray is a major hospital in HCM City.
In addition, HCM City regularly organises trade fairs in tourism, trade and services in Phnom Penh as well as Cambodia's Battambang Province and other localities.
Last year, bilateral trade between HCM City and Cambodia reached more than $210 million.
Two-way import and export values between Viet Nam and Cambodia was nearly $2.8 billion in 2011.
Viet Nam has developed nearly 100 projects in Cambodia, with a total investment of more than $2.2 billion.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Shares experience mixed results
» City per capita income to top $4,500
» 28 kinds of trees banned on HCM City streets
Latest Category Posts
- Flood-tide to reach peak in 61 years, Saigon to be submerged again
- Pavement parking gets green light from the Government
- Da Nang joins Resilient Cities
- Hanoi to have two new districts
- High-tech milk farming needed
- Rural living standards still low
- IFAD assists VN in rural development
- Nearly half of rural people say unhappy
- Resettlement creates instability
- Survey says only 7% of rural people are 'very satisfied with life'
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Preservation plan makes houses in Hanoi’s Old Quarter unmarketable
- Hanoi to bury 80 percent of cables in 2020
- Hanoi’s populous district may be split into two
- Floods at record high in Ho Chi Minh City
- Danang gets street smart, thanks to IBM
- Ha Noi reviews failing infrastructure projects
- HCM City: new rural area building narrows urban-rural gap
- HCM City enhances its efforts to combat floods
- City sees high tide rise highest in ten years
- New HCM City ring road offers traffic relief
- HCM City gives walkers a break
- Undersea cable powers East Sea island
- Hanoi aims to facelift the old quarter
- Vietinbank funds tunnel project in central region
- Da Nang finishes clean-up following storm Nari
- Da Lat to become WiFi city
- Ha Noi wellbeing scheme spotlights the good, bad and ugly of VN capital
- A unique organic guava farm in Dak Nong
- Son La accelerates supplying clean water to rural population
- Approaches to new rural development in Vietnam