|1. Halong Cruise Tours...|
Category: Tour Operators
City: Ha Noi
|2. Questar Inc.|
Category: Software Applications
City: Ho Chi Minh
|3. Noi Ha Property Co. Ltd.|
Category: Estate Agents
|4. New Peaks Real Estate...|
Category: Property Consultants
City: Ha Noi
|5. Crunchy Frog|
City: Ha Noi
|6. Hue - Hapro TIC|
Category: Travel Agents
Construction of HCM City’s Metro Line 1, the first in the country, will begin on August 28.
Preparatory work has wrapped up after an EPC (engineering, procurement and construction) contract to build the overhead section of the metro's first route was signed on May 16.
The first 17.1-km stretch of the route is the overhead section, running from Ben Thanh Market in District 1 to the Suoi Tien Area in District 9.
The overhead section, from Ba Son Shipyard in District 1, running through Van Thanh and Tan Cang in Binh Thanh District will take the Ha Noi Highway to Suoi Tien Park. It will have 11 stations.
A consortium of Japan's Sumitomo Corporation and Viet Nam's Civil Engineering Construction Corp No. 6 (Cienco 6) will design, survey, execute, supply equipment, test, operate, offer utility services, and maintain stations of the 17.1-km overhead section of HCM City's Metro Line 1.
The 19.7-km line - with the additional section stretching 2.6 kilometers and running underground - is divided into three packages.
The other packages are for construction of the underground section between Ben Thanh Market and Ba Son Shipyard and for mechanical-electrical devices and maintenance.
Line 1 will totally cost VND47 trillion (US$2.25 billion), with 88.4 per cent raised through Japanese official development assistance and the rest coming from the city budget.
Construction is expected to be completed by 2017 and the first metro line will become operational in 2018.
Below are sketches of the $2 billion subway:
The line is nearly 20km long, with three underground stations and 11 on-the-ground stations.
Inside the subway, which is designed to transport around 162,000 passengers a day in 2014-2020, and 635,000 from 2020 to 2030, and 800,000 by 2040.
The Ben Thanh station, which is 45,000sq.m, with an underground station and a shopping mall.
The Van Thanh station.
The subway will cross the Saigon River, at the current Tan Cang Restaurant.
It will cross the Rach Chiec River to the Station No. 14 or Suoi Tien Station.
Long Binh, the last station.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- 550 houses built illegally in HCMC in one month
- Ministry lifts ban on French-architectural constructions
- Official slams use of western-style architecture
- New USD400 million metro line for HCM City
- UK firms keen to invest in HCM City infrastructure
- HCM City scraps ‘forgotten' projects, land returned
- HCM City seeks ODA for traffic, environment projects
- Hanoi upgrades public toilets
- Jungle people take herb home for harvest
- The tragedy of the poor who are not recognized as poor
Popular Category Posts
- Bizarre poles on Hanoi streets
- Da Nang builds an environmentally-friendly city
- HCM City unveils detailed downtown planning
- Master plan improves City public transport
- Tiny homes in HCM City
- Vietnam strives to eradicate poverty
- Urban planning in disarray
- Ha Noi keeps tightening Illegal advertising
- Development of Thu Thiem New Urban Area kicks off
- Shortage of playgrounds in Hanoi
- Anti-flooding projects effective in HCMC
- The different looks of the Saigon riverbanks
- Captail plans VND 13 trillion for clean water, rural environment
- Vietnam’s poverty rate remains over 9.6 percent
- Quoc Oai to become an economic region in the Western Capital
- Investors shun city ferry plan
- Ho Chi Minh City downtown area to be expande
- Giant lotuses on Nhieu Loc Canal
- Decentralised wastewater treatment discussed
- Construction of the first expressway in Central Vietnam begins