|1. Dakao Co., LTD.|
Category: Fire Safety Consultants
City: Ho Chi Minh
|2. Komatsu Vietnam JSC.|
Category: Industrial Equipment
City: Ha Noi
|3. VIC Co., LTD.|
City: Hai Phong
|4. Kim Anh Co., LTD.|
Category: Food Manufacturing
City: Soc Trang Province
|5. GiaLai Trading JSC.|
Category: Retail Services
City: Pleiku City
|6. Thanh Cong Group|
Category: Vehicle Manufacturers
City: Ha Noi
Powerful Tropical Storm Talim is moving towards South China but is unlikely to directly affect Vietnam, while an even stronger typhoon, Guchol, is travelling northeast of the Philippines, the National Hydro-meteorological Forecasting Center reported.
The expected route of tropical storm Talim, Photo: National Hydro-meteorological Forecasting Center
At 7 pm yesterday Talim was located 160 km east of China with winds of 62-88 kph and gusts of 88-117 kph.
At 7 pm today it will lay 340 km east-northeast of Hainan Island with winds of 75-88 kph and gusts of 103-132 kph. In the next 24 hours, the storm will move east and northeast at 5-10 km and may strengthen further.
The storm is bringing rain and thunderstorms to provinces in Central Vietnam while causing rough seas in the north and central areas of the East Sea, including the sea of Truong Sa (Spartly) archipelago.
In the northern provinces it is hot and sunny during the day and dry at night, with an average high temperature of 34-36 degree Celsius in Hanoi. The hot conditions will ease tomorrow, June 20.
The Central Steering Board for Flooding and Storm Prevention and Control and the National Committee for Search and Rescue have requested that local authorities from Quang Ninh to Phu Yen provinces, and the ministries of Transport and Defense, take proper measures to cope with the impact of the storm.
All ships at sea must be kept abreast of the storm’s development so that they can move out of dangerous areas or take shelter in a timely fashion, the two agencies said.
Meanwhile, the Philippine Atmospheric, Geophysical and Astronomical Services Administration (Pagasa) said it is unlikely that Typhoon Guchol will make landfall in the Philippines.
However, its wind velocity has increased to an extremely dangerous 185 kph near the center, and gusts have been recorded at up to 220 kph. Guchol has a diameter of 500 km.
Moving at 22 kph, it will be out of the Philippine area of responsibility by Tuesday morning, Pagasa said.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Japan braced for powerful typhoon Guchol
Latest Category Posts
- Binh Duong: Fruit fair devastated after a tornado
- Winter conditions mid-summer in northern region
- Low pressure system in East Sea causes rainstorms
- Mid-summer heavy rain, cold weather in Northern Region
- Hot weather to pass in north region
- Heatwaves toast north and centre
- Heavy downpour in Hai Phong City
- Three hot spells in June
- Heat waves spread across northern and central regions
- Bad urban planning blamed for compounding heatwave in Hanoi
Popular Category Posts
- Early rainfall of the season inundates streets in HCMC
- Northern provinces braced for floods, whirlwinds and landslides
- Flood preparation essential as storms approach East Sea
- Whirlwind ravages northern mountainous provinces
- Hard-engineering solutions to deal with drought in central provinces
- Grand ceremony to mark national reunification day
- Forest burns in heatwave
- Heavy rains batter rice crops to add to central region woes
- Flash floods ravage mountain province
- Powerful hailstorm devastates Da Lat
- More cyclonic storms forecast in May
- Hailstorms destroy rubber trees in Lai Chau
- First heat wave bakes northern region
- Temperatures continue to rise in North, Central Vietnam
- Northern region to face heat spells
- Hanoi reeling under heat wave
- Rock falls threaten residents in Son La
- Whirlwinds cause damage in northwestern provinces
- Hail storm aftermath
- Farmer dies after getting sunstroke amidst heat wave