|1. Hoang Long Hotel|
Category: Hotels & Resort
|2. Danang Golf Club|
City: Quang Nam
|3. Sun River Hotel|
Category: Hotels & Resort
|4. Truc Lam Vien Restaurant|
|5. BRAVO Software Company|
Category: Software Applications
|6. Nguyen Hung Stone|
Category: Arts and Crafts
Cannes’s Golden Palm winner “The Tree of Life” by American director Terrence Malick will be screened for free in Hanoi at the event titled “Thematic talk about director Terrence Malick” next week.
Brad Pitt and Laramie Eppler in a scene from Terrence Malick's "The Tree of Life" to be screened for free in hanoi on March 4, Photo: Reuters
The event, held by the Hanoi-based Center for Assistance and Development of Movie, will include a movie screening together with a talk, hosted by local director Phan Dang Di, on Terrence Malick’s life, career and his work.
Born in 1943 in Texas, Terrence Malick is also a screenwriter and producer. In his career spanning over four decades, Malick has directed five feature films.
Though his movies do not succeed at the box office, they have been well received by the industry’s experts. Malick was nominated for Academy Awards for Best Director for “The Thin Red Line” and “The Tree of Life” as well as Best Adapted Screenplay for “The Thin Red Line.”
He also won the Golden Bear at the 49th Berlin International Film Festival for “The Thin Red Line” and the Palme d'Or at the 64th Cannes Film Festival for “The Tree of Life” last year.
Starred by Hollywood stars Brad Pitt, Sean Penn, and Jessica Chastain, “The Tree of life” tells the life journey of the eldest son, Jack, of a family in Texas in 1950s through the innocence of childhood to his disillusioned adult years as he tries to reconcile a complicated relationship with his father.
In January 2012, the film received three Academy Award nominations for Best Picture, Best Director and Best Cinematography.
Phan Dang Di, director of Vietnamese award-wining movie “Bi, Don’t be afraid” was nominated for Best Writer at the Asian Film Awards in Hong Kong for the movie “Adrift” directed by Bui Thac Chuyen in 2010.
The event will take place in the afternoon of March 4 at the center at 22A Hai Ba Trung Street.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnamese films modest at 2013 Cannes
» 66th Cannes film festival closes, 'La Vie d'Adele' wins Palme d'Or
» First Vietnamese action fantasy enjoys Cannes festival teaser
Latest Category Posts
- UK Documentary to be screened in HCM City
- 5th Int’l Documentary Film Festival in Hanoi, HCM City
- Award-winning Vietnamese films screened in Italy
- Linklater double to be screened for film lovers
- Vietnamese movies to premier in Italy
- Thai thrillers hit local screens this summer
- Ministry bans ‘Chinatown' movie
- Film on VN’s AO victims nominated at NYCIFF
- Humane short film takes prize
- Contestants on “The Voice Kids” prefers English songs
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Overseas Vietnamese director Victor Vu makes short sci-fi film
- Olympic satire, ceremony and TV coverage up for Baftas
- Jane Campion to be presented with Cannes director honour
- Tribeca honours Australian film The Rocket with top prize
- Theatre directors' quest to eye quality, appeal
- Vietnamese short film to be screened at 2013 Cannes Festival
- 10 films to “land” at Vietnamese theaters in May
- Vietnamese films see increasing violence scenes
- Queen honoured with Bafta award for film and TV support
- Lack of new shows forces serial reruns
- Iron Chef returns with Vietnamese-Thai rivalry
- Online film festival kicks off in City
- Yxineff 2013 film entries on ‘Choice’
- Barbra Streisand film career honoured by Lincoln Center
- “Duong dua” to hit local screens in summer
- European Film Festival 2013 to start next week
- Just the Two of Us 2013’s winners announced
- Film fest offers cinema Euro-trip
- Sony to release 'Angry Birds' film in 2016
- Wuthering Heights to be screened for free in big cities