|1. Pho24 Co., LTD.|
City: Ho Chi Minh
|2. Dong Tien Co., LTD.|
|3. Nam Cuong Group|
Category: Commercial Property
City: Ha Noi
|4. DANAMECO Medical JSC.|
Category: Medical Equipment
|5. Thanh Nam Group|
Category: Industrial Supplies
City: Ha Noi
|6. March 29 Textile...|
The Vietnam Museum of Ethnology in Hanoi is putting on an exhibition documenting the multi-faceted aspects of contemporary urban life in Vietnamese big cities.
Tales in the City: Community Voices exhibition, Photo: Tuoitre
The Tales in the City: Community Voices exhibit will showcase photographs, objects and numbers depicting a new urban sensation in Hip hop – my life corner, a dead-end city job drawing poor women from rural areas in Scrap Dealers- Villagers in the City, and poor students who earn their living by tutoring in The Silent Teachers.
Three short documentaries, each lasting 15 – 20 minutes on the subjects will also be screened and accompany traditional museum displays.
Sponsored by the Ford Foundation under its “Community-based communication in Vietnam: Stories with a subjective voice” program, the exhibition and video-making apply a bottom-up and community based technique to approach a selected group in the society.
Wendy Erd, Ford Foundation’s specialist said the technique helped to shift the story-telling focus from producers to the community.
“Those media products are more attractive with a new kind of language and can create a deeper humane connection,” she shared.
Tales in the City: Community Voices will last until September 9 at the Vietnam Museum of Ethnology, Nguyen Van Huyen, Cau Giay, Hanoi.
Tickets cost VND 25,000 each for adults, VND 3,000 for children and VND 5,000 for students.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Museum to revive Pho Hien’s old days
» 50 percent of medical school graduates remain jobless
» Life below the line, with a dollar a day
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnamese celebrate Buddha’s birthday
- Fyfe Dangerfield to perform in Vietnam
- Gay-themed musical to debut on HCMC stage
- Long-legged bash’s unpermitted underwear performance to be penalized
- Filmmaking contest on school violence launched
- French dance group to perform in Hanoi
- Yayoi Kusama presents obsessions in Hanoi
- A lacquer painting exhibition in the forest
- Vietnamese poet Nguyen Du to be recognised as man of culture
- Cartoon funnies paint a picture
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Stamp collector brings images of the world to his doorstep
- The money-making formulas of Vietnamese celebrities
- Noble lady’s Saigon story
- Contemporary art event ends in chaos
- From sex worker to TV inspiration
- American photographer and fantastic pictures of the Vietnamese
- Photos exposing the truth of the 'lust' Buddha statue
- VN tourism stand uses Chinese photo, sparks fury
- Artists' war history a national treasure
- Intimate shows reign supreme
- What are young artists thinking about?
- Hanoi Sound Stuff Festival kicks off on Friday
- Golden Kite Awards: Blood letter wins best film
- Making historical films is a challenge for Vietnamese directors
- Google starts search for Vietnamese student envoys
- Craftswomen do it for art’s sake
- Exhibition spotlights plight of abused women
- 3 Vietnamese photos shortlisted for US magazine contest
- Japanese dolls empower generations
- Meditations of urban life in town