More than 300 exhibits, including photos and documents on AO victims, have been put on display at an exhibition, “Pain of AO victims”, at the Vietnam Military History Museum since July 26th.
The exhibition, jointly held by the Army Library, Chemical Army Museum, War Evidence Museum, and Vietnam Association of Victims of Agent Orange, features the Agent Orange Disaster caused by the American military in Vietnam, Vietnam’s rehabilitation and after-war consequences, and the people joining hands to relieve pain of AO victims.
On display are also exhibits and photos of chemical soldiers, who are working in dioxin-affected areas to neutralise the environmental and health effects of these chemicals, as well as some products made by AO victims. Besides, over 300 book titles, including scientific studies, articles, reports and novels by Vietnamese and international writers, are also being showcased at the exhibition.
The meaningful activity aims to celebrate the 64th anniversary of War Invalids and Martyrs Day, the 50th anniversary of Vietnam Agent Orange Disaster, as well as to call for people to join hands to help Vietnamese AO victims.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Military Zone 1 to promote law education for troops
» Military Zone 7 to enhance defence-security education
» More Vietnamese prefer fists to words
Latest Category Posts
- Ethnic groups' spring festival commences
- Vietnam’s favourite cog railway
- Exciting rice cooking contest in Hanoi
- Largest Buddhist flag go on display
- Vietnam shines at Egypt cultural festival
- “We are disappointed in the pig-chopping ritual”: Asia Animals Foundation
- HCM City hosts second Ao Dai Festival
- Image: Quang Ngai displays 300 artifacts in newly-restored nha ruong house
- Husband, wife team up for Blood Soup
- Circus troupe to launch VN tour
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- A painter who ‘picks up pebbles' of life
- Quang Nhat uses waterproof fabric in 'Couture' Collection
- Celebrities receive ‘Men of the Year 2014' awards
- Ha Tinh to preserve 200-year-old dwelling
- Huyen My appears on Chelsea FC fanpage
- Tokyo tourism targets Viet Nam
- Photos of birds in mating season on display in HCMC
- Seminar to discuss central region's traditional art
- Huyen My reveals plans for Tet
- Exhibition on Gac Ma memorial designs opens in HCM City
- Ex-beauty queen transforms Le Thanh Hoa designs
- Ukraine dancers discover Ha Long Bay
- Ao Dai on show in Germany
- Thanh Nien's musical reunites father, daughter
- Christmas comes to Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam's Cultural Year in Czech programme announced
- Thuy Hang poses in severe Russian winter
- Top places in major cities to celebrate New Year
- Struggling Vietnam football club hope to lure fans with half-Korean pop star
- Gay characters in Vietnamese films: Any exaggeration?