After claiming she has become the victim of slander, famous model cum actress Vu Thu Phuong has decided to retire from the showbiz industry.
Vu Thu Phuong won the Best Model Prize in the 2008 Vietnamese Model Contest
Phuong’s decision has surprised people following her career, but she told DTiNews, “I carefully considered the issue before coming to this decision. I’ve thought of this day for the last few years. Rumours over a VND10 billion (USD479,984) luxury car added to my decision. I’d like to say goodbye to the showbiz industry from now on, as the slanders are enough."
The model shared that she had become really tired with the malicious rumours and unexpected scandals after working in the showbiz for six years.
“After a series of troubles, I wonder if it’s the cost of fame. Over the past year, I’ve not been able to sleep as I’ve been so annoyed with the situation. I’m no longer suited to the showbiz lifestyle,” she shared.
Media pressure was cited by Phuong as one of the major reasons for her early retirement. She said the media had given saturation coverage to the news that Phuong had a VND10-billion car. She pondered whether people always immediately jumped to the conclusion that every car a person drove was always owned by that person.
She also complained that the malicious gossip had seriously affected her personal life and caused misunderstanding among her relatives.
“I’ve thought that as a strong woman I could overcome all these challenges. However, it is too much of a price to pay for fame. I prefer an untroubled life for myself and my family,” she noted.
When asked whether she lacked the heart to pursue fame, she said, “The conception of a pinnacle of fame is infinite. For me, at present, I’ve reached as high as I want to go. I don’t want to continue. My love for my art is no longer there, so I've decided to stop.”
She took part in this year’s Dancing with the Stars Contest and finished in the competition’s top six. She has also had a career as an actress.
Khat Vong Thuong Luu, or High Society Aspirations, will be the last film that Phuong will act in, with production concluding this October.
She plans to focus on fashion design.
Phuong has performed at a lot of shows
In addition to several TV series, Phuong has an impressive film roll call
Phuong finished in the top 6 in the Dancing with the Stars Contest 2011
She has admitted to be worn out by the slanders she has faced
Phuong will concentrate on her fashion design
|< Prev||Next >|
» Photos of Evita lure Hanoi visitors
» Argentine Film Week in Vietnam
» 121 trillion VND needed for transport in northern region
Latest Category Posts
- Photos of Evita lure Hanoi visitors
- Argentine Film Week in Vietnam
- Antiquities donated to central city museum
- Art & Entertainment Headlines December 18
- My Son restoration project completed
- Reality show organizers explain TV stripping scene
- Outstanding children’s literary works awarded
- Viet Nam water puppetry to perform in France
- Festive season frenzy
- Musical dramas take to stage for holiday season
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- Vietnam's most valuable paintings
- Thailand's culture ministry donates objects to Museum of Ethnology
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
- French artist paints Vietnam’s soul for past 17 years
- Artist shows respect for General Vo Nguyen Giap in unique way
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- VN artists aim to shine in Singapore
- Vietnam's cinema – national, humane, creative and integrating
- Festival changes tune of HCM City music scene
- ASEAN Youth Orchestra to play in capital
- Life through photos of streetwalkers
- Dance show fuses modern panache with rich tradition
- Child folk-singing sensation becomes exclusive singer
- Beautiful and latest artworks of Hanoi painters on display
- New books reflect on General Giap's life
- Spanish photographer inspired by Vietnam’s landscape