Judges have chosen 49 out of 143 performances of the stage round for the semi-final round of the Vietnam’s Got Talent, the first season.
The three judges (from the left): Thanh Loc, Thuy Hanh and Huy Tuan.
The jury, including actor Thanh Loc, former model Thuy Hanh and songwriter Huy Tuan, selected 143 items in the stage round. However, in the last meeting of the jury, called Judges Cull, judges considered again to pick up only 49 for the semi-final round in March.
“In the qualifier round, I was at ease to choose contestants based on my feeling. But in this round, judges were under great pressure to choose contestants who deserve to enter the semi-final round. The 49 selected items are the best,” said Judge Thanh Loc.
The semi-final round will include seven episodes, with seven items for each episode. The edition is broadcast on VTV3 every Sunday at 8 p.m.
The winner will receive US$20,000 at the final gala, to be held on June 17.
Got Talent originated in America in 2006 and is a huge success since it has been adapted in 45 countries worldwide.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Batman likes to sing? Only in Vietnam (Video)
» Hundreds join VN’s Got Talent’s auditioning round
» The scientist with the “mermaid” voice (Video)
Latest Category Posts
- Talk to Nguyen Phong Viet, a 'phenomenonal' poet
- Music lounges close as listeners tune out
- Southern music fights to stay hip
- New comedy introduces road trip genre to VN
- Concert honours Beethoven's birthday
- Cao lau noodles gain recognition
- Comedy show give fresh take on society
- Gloomy year for HCM City publishers
- Vietnamese cartoons need to grow up
- La Huy’s house of wax
Popular Category Posts
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Thailand's culture ministry donates objects to Museum of Ethnology
- Vietnam's most valuable paintings
- French artist paints Vietnam’s soul for past 17 years
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Artist shows respect for General Vo Nguyen Giap in unique way
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- VN artists aim to shine in Singapore
- Vietnam's cinema – national, humane, creative and integrating
- ASEAN Youth Orchestra to play in capital
- Life through photos of streetwalkers
- Festival changes tune of HCM City music scene
- Child folk-singing sensation becomes exclusive singer
- New books reflect on General Giap's life
- Beautiful and latest artworks of Hanoi painters on display
- General Vo Nguyen Giap’s house may be turned into museum
- Spanish photographer inspired by Vietnam’s landscape
- French expat's passion for VN found on tip of a brush