The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» What are the 24,000 Vietnamese PhDs doing?
» Missing jet search command office at Phu Quoc airport
» Missing Malaysian plane: a new object found
Latest Category Posts
- Local students sketch historic Long Bien Bridge
- US filmmakers to screen doco on differently abled
- House of worship
- Photo contest promotes road safety
- Ao Dai fest attracts 50,000
- First career reality show launched
- Young actresses strike right chord with film audiences
- Hanoi’s markets in the past
- Local students sketch historic Long Bien bridge
- Senior designer promotes VN's fashion in Italy
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese photographers win big at int’l contest
- Celebrities set for centre stage at nation's premier charity gala
- Top ten cultural, sport events in 2013
- Top 10 fine arts and photographic events of 2013
- Special king offerings now in Hanoi for Tet
- Entertainment centres hope to attract Tet visitors
- Music gala to usher in 2014
- HCMC RockStorm raises VND420 million for charity funds
- Horses are cultural icons in Hue culture
- Veteran researcher makes a pitch for future of traditional music
- Hue locals shop flowers for Tet
- Traditional musical game makes comeback
- Project issuing work permits to performers approved
- Hanoi businessman wins Big Brother’s VND2 bil house
- Foreign students learn about Tet preparations in Mekong Delta
- 'Anti-corruption festival' continues long-standing Vietnamese tradition
- Culture ministry official urges better behaviour during festivals
- Bac Lieu hosts folk music festival
- Korean to weild New Year baton
- Opera concert performed in Ha Noi