The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam funds Cambodian artillery’s headquarters
» In pictures: Foreign-styled lion statues guard Vietnamese temples
» Greece debt repayment in full is 'unrealistic', says Syriza
Latest Category Posts
- Ha Tinh: Vi-Giam singing to be included in curriculum
- In pictures: Foreign-styled lion statues guard Vietnamese temples
- Tokyo tourism targets Viet Nam
- Hanoi restores 82 doctoral steles at Temple of Literature
- Historic banyan tree in Tan Trao revived
- $140k traditional music play debuts in Hanoi
- Ao Dai on show in Germany
- Architects discuss new coat for Saigon Central Post Office
- Vietnamese designer to introduce new collection in New York
- Vietnam newspapers, television stations release special editions, shows to celebrate Tet
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Project Runway designers aim for repeat win
- Miss Vietnam in Hung Viet’s designs at Spring-Summer Fashion Week 2015
- Thai designer’s collection introduced at Vietnam Int’l Fashion Week
- Genviet’s denim designs on the runway
- VN International Fashion Week - Dream of professionalism
- Celebrities pack HCM city for Int’l Fashion Week
- Annoying habits commonplace among Vietnamese students, office workers
- Quang Nhat uses waterproof fabric in 'Couture' Collection
- A painter who ‘picks up pebbles' of life
- Vegetable carvings on display in HCMC
- Miss Vietnam wears Hoang Hai’s bridal gowns at VN Int’l Fashion Week
- Photos show life in Ha Noi 100 years ago
- Ha Tinh to preserve 200-year-old dwelling
- Institute for Applied Arts opens in HCM City
- Exhibition on Gac Ma memorial designs opens in HCM City
- Huyen My appears on Chelsea FC fanpage
- Seminar to discuss central region's traditional art
- HCM City to welcome New Year with $1.5 million program
- HCM City hosts first digital entertainment awards
- Celebrities receive ‘Men of the Year 2014' awards