The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnamese fans burst into tears seeing K-pop stars in Hanoi
» Nearly 90 Vietnamese websites get Shellshocked: security firm
» Ford brings the new Ranger T6 to Vietnam
Latest Category Posts
- Sai Gon Cyclo Challenge raises $31,000 for disadvantaged kids
- Chile sommelier to visit HCM City
- Thai Cultural Weekend opens
- American fast food franchise makes longest sandwich in VN
- New musical film to be broadcast next month
- Music programme celebrates Reunification Day
- German cultural festival kicks off in Hanoi tomorrow
- Hanoi to host watercolour exhibition
- Cover of Harper Lee's second novel, 'Go Set a Watchman,' released
- Photos trace 20-year evolution of HCMC
Popular Category Posts
- Over 5,000 partake in traditional fest in southern Vietnam
- Celebrities receive ‘Men of the Year 2014' awards
- Huyen My appears on Chelsea FC fanpage
- Huyen My reveals plans for Tet
- Tokyo tourism targets Viet Nam
- Photos of birds in mating season on display in HCMC
- Struggling Vietnam football club hope to lure fans with half-Korean pop star
- Miss Vietnam 2012 offers Tet gifts to the elderly
- Ao Dai on show in Germany
- German, VN dancers stage hip-hop show
- Vietnam ministry fines national broadcaster for airing reality show that contained false details
- String quartet to help women enjoy life
- Vietnamese models on New York streets
- Hanoi mulls launching regular pyrotechnic shows near new bridge
- Top 5 Next Top Model contestants shine in Italy
- Visitors to use free wi-fi to promote city’s Tet festivals
- Ethnic groups' spring festival commences
- What is the status of Vietnamese contemporary art?
- Flower street festival opens in HCM City
- Vietnamese researcher, designer strain for decades to accentuate ‘ao dai’ charms