The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Deputy PM meets Lao media chief
» Students test computing skills
» US$260 million for NA House project
Latest Category Posts
- Modeling contest seeks to lure Russian tourists
- Belarusian artists to perform in Ha Noi
- Nearly $1mil. rare stump on display in museum
- Hoang Hai to show his $10,000 crystal gown on the Eiffel Tower
- Miss Vietnam winners take part in ao dai fashion show
- Hanoi to host ASEAN great unity days
- Photo contest for youth launched in Hanoi
- “Geronimo Stilton” children’s book series translated into Vietnamese
- Vietnamese play wins award of excellence at theatre festival
- Electronic musician plays at CAMA ATK
Popular Category Posts
- Foreign models wear Vo Viet Chung’s designs in New York
- Vietnamese-origin designer shines at Paris Fashion Week
- Water puppetry to charm Tokyo's Vietnamese Festival crowd
- Top Vietnamese designers ready for spotlight in Italy
- 6-year old Vietnamese artist wins big award
- Controversy over regional accents of newscasters
- Italy - Vietnam Fashion Council formed
- Vietnamese couple recognised as oldest in Asia
- Vietnam’s largest film studio approved to be built in Quang Ninh
- Vietnam’s Central Highlands ethnic music fading in urban showbiz
- City orchestra to stage anniversary concert
- Vietnam art lags behind other Asian countries at int’l auctions
- VN coffee shop among world's top 20 spectacular buildings
- Circus artists to debut special performance for children
- Vietnamese singers ignorant of music theory
- Two models to be fined for illegally participating in overseas beauty pageants
- Young author wins literary prize
- Italian painter's art captures everyday life in VN
- Expo on sovereignty protection begins in southern Vietnam
- Foreigners present gifts to children in Vietnam hub ahead of Mid-Autumn Festival