The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Economists question validity of statistics on public debt
» Dinh to compete in Youth Olympics
» Women in Music 2014: tales of fashion-music connection
Latest Category Posts
- Hanoi to hold firework displays at 30 sites in October
- Women in Music 2014: tales of fashion-music connection
- 13 movies to be released in August
- Backup dancers in high demand
- French film fest to visit four cities
- Vietnam’s metropolises to organize 48 Hour Film Project contest this August
- Film sheds light on Indochina war
- Vietnam wins four Green Good Design Awards in USA
- 24 prehistoric artifacts detected in Gia Lai
- Designs for heritage site placed on display
Random Category Picks
- Humans of Ha Noi hold first show
- Nguyen Dynasty royal records get World Memory certificate
- VN wants Guinness recognition for oldest living person
- Local and U.S. authors unveil “Letters from the battlefield”
- Winner of singing contest to receive $14,000 prize
- Authorities seek to control viral internet series
Popular Category Posts
- Beauty contest organiser denies abuse accusation
- Review of Vietnam’s heritage management
- Vietnamese bamboo house introduced in Time magazine
- ‘One-bowl class' offers taste of culture
- Stories behind exhibits in Ho Chi Minh Museum
- Poster exhibition on VN’s sea, island sovereignty opens
- Vietnam reality shows rife with fights, dashed dreams
- Vietnamese architect wins British award
- Ministry clampdown on "crude" lyrics
- What are the differences between Vietnamese and American women?
- Hong Anh, Van Trang win best actress awards
- Minister explains controversial cultural package
- “Viet World Wide” makes a hit with Vietnamese overseas (Video)
- Authorities seek to control broadcast of 18+ sitcom on YouTube
- Where to admire Vietnamese contemporary arts in Saigon
- CNN praises Da Nang’s Dragon Bridge
- Ethnology Museum receives TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- Kids' shows kick off for summer
- Parkour in vogue among youth
- Vietnam gains attention in photo contest