The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Deputy PM lauds tunnel project
» Vietnamese coast guards vs. pirates – P2: An order to open fire
» Vietnamese coast guards vs. pirates – P1: A face-to-face encounter
Latest Category Posts
- Park wins 2nd UNESCO recognition
- Composer An Thuyen dies aged 65
- Clinton photo epitomises 20 years of US-VN ties
- Festivals should stick to their roots
- VN, S Korea discuss tourism upgrades
- Book Talk to discuss fantasy literature genre
- Writing contest features personal relationships
- Two Vietnamese farmers' films go to global competetion
- ‘Golden Bird' finds his final autumn
- Bahnar, Jrai music for Finland
Popular Category Posts
- Researchers' book highlights East Sea issue
- Visa-free travel for people from five countries soon
- Veteran artist's war paintings on display in HCM City
- ‘Love market' to be highlight of cultural festival
- Ly Nha Ky joins a fashion show in France
- Exhibition fetes int'l solidarity for Viet Nam
- Reprinted book highlights Sai Gon's architectural growth
- Image: The best performances at Da Nang Int'l Firework Competition
- Former Party Chief's statue inaugurated in Hung Yen
- Controversial: Project Runway Vietnam contestants let male models don females’ outfits
- Vietnam-China friendship celebrated in Ha Giang
- Australian team wins Da Nang International Fireworks Competition
- Hanoi to host Vietnam’s first LGBT bridal fashion show next week
- Next Top Model 2015 officially launched
- VN culture shines at Slovakia fest
- A worldwide hot TV game show to hit Vietnam
- 42 beautiful pictures for VN children
- National television suspends show with map misplacing Vietnam capital in China
- Linh Huyen's songs make people weep
- Danang Int’l Fireworks Competition to blast off