The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» VOV reporter wins Youth Photography Festival 2015 prizes
» Dedicated practitioners, coaches promote Vietnamese martial art ‘Vovinam’ globally
» Over 6,200 stalls to serve HCM City’s promotion campaign
Latest Category Posts
- Revolutionary press on display
- Ha Noi to host second-hand book festival this weekend
- Vietnamese nationals win Talk! Talk! Korea prizes
- VOV reporter wins Youth Photography Festival 2015 prizes
- New musical, documentaries to celebrate Vietnam's National Day
- Vietnamese artist tops Korean cartoon competition
- Aliwaxima, Tehran's shoe-shine man in a red stiletto
- German film fest offers drama, thrillers and comedy
- US comic Matt Davis to perform
- British, French films to be screened
Popular Category Posts
- Visa-free travel for people from five countries soon
- Russian ballerina's passion shows onstage
- Two Vietnamese farmers' films go to global competetion
- Book reprinted to mark late musician's birthday
- First Vietnamese model works in Paris
- Poet Que Mai's book focuses on patriotism
- New children's book inspires love for nature
- Famous figures tower over City artist's sculpture garden
- Photo exhibition showcases country's beauty
- MasterChef Vietnam season 3 opens for celebrities
- Hanoi’s night art performances lure foreign tourists
- Shows honour HCM City Theatre Association
- Plants from Monet's garden bathed in blue
- Gia Tri's painting fetches over US$99,000 at auction
- HCM City hosts second int'l belly dance festival
- 2015 Piano Festival sounds at Ha Noi Children's Palace
- The Voice VN coach closes Facebook following scandal
- Playwright Vu's plays to be performed
- Short film contest to be launched in VN
- Central highland ethnic group's culture to be showcased