The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» City honours distinguished students
» Education experts discuss leadership
» Viet Nam come in third at Hangzhou futsal tournament
Latest Category Posts
- Thanh Tien paper flowers village in Hue
- ‘Prince of Romance' woos Ha Noi
- Young guitarist rocks new beat
- Film on navy police to hit screens
- Critics take aim at Hue Festival
- Young man brings aroma to ceramic products
- Tien Giang man creates soil maps
- Visual installation rethinks math sheets
- Critics complain young artists lack creative spark
- Contemporary art by Japanese and Vietnamese artists on show at museum
Random Category Picks
- Photo exhibit captures attitudes of the young towards the East Sea
- “Dumb luck” translator to meet Hanoi students
- Archipelagos enter Vietnam Book of Records
- National writing contest to focus on marine police, soldiers
- Expat theatre group hosts arts event
- First Vietnamese singer makes Universal Music debut
Popular Category Posts
- Beauty contest organiser denies abuse accusation
- Review of Vietnam’s heritage management
- Vietnamese bamboo house introduced in Time magazine
- ‘One-bowl class' offers taste of culture
- Ministry clampdown on "crude" lyrics
- Poster exhibition on VN’s sea, island sovereignty opens
- Vietnamese architect wins British award
- What are the differences between Vietnamese and American women?
- Minister explains controversial cultural package
- Hong Anh, Van Trang win best actress awards
- Kaas sings Piaf to help VN kids
- Stories behind exhibits in Ho Chi Minh Museum
- Authorities seek to control broadcast of 18+ sitcom on YouTube
- Vietnam reality shows rife with fights, dashed dreams
- Where to admire Vietnamese contemporary arts in Saigon
- “Viet World Wide” makes a hit with Vietnamese overseas (Video)
- Parkour in vogue among youth
- Ethnology Museum receives TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence
- CNN praises Da Nang’s Dragon Bridge
- Vietnam gains attention in photo contest