The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Deputy PM asks for enhanced investigation to unveil new tricks in smuggling
» Youth Federation sixth congress opens in Hanoi
» Public security sector calls for international donors
Latest Category Posts
- Balade en France 2014 kicks off in HCMC, hopes to attract thousands of diners
- XoneFM – online music site launched
- Vietnamese Ao Dai to be shown in France
- Indian singing sensation Kumar Sanu to hit HCM City stage
- Artist restores traditional values through paper
- Ethnic minority fabrics add to ao dai designs
- Flamenco, jazz, and folk music on the streets of Hanoi
- Cham people hold annual festival
- London orchestra to perform in HCM City
- Vietnamese bamboo house highly commended in WAN Awards
Popular Category Posts
- Foreign models wear Vo Viet Chung’s designs in New York
- Vietnamese-origin designer shines at Paris Fashion Week
- Water puppetry to charm Tokyo's Vietnamese Festival crowd
- Charity run gathers young athletes
- Top Vietnamese designers ready for spotlight in Italy
- Ministry curbs use of foreign cultural symbols
- 6-year old Vietnamese artist wins big award
- Controversy over regional accents of newscasters
- Italy - Vietnam Fashion Council formed
- Vietnamese couple recognised as oldest in Asia
- Vietnam art lags behind other Asian countries at int’l auctions
- City orchestra to stage anniversary concert
- Vietnam’s largest film studio approved to be built in Quang Ninh
- Vietnam’s Central Highlands ethnic music fading in urban showbiz
- VN coffee shop among world's top 20 spectacular buildings
- VN artists join art festival in Yokohama
- Overseas singer debuts new MVs and free concerts for students
- Two models to be fined for illegally participating in overseas beauty pageants
- Circus artists to debut special performance for children
- Young author wins literary prize