The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam’s master wins world gold in Chinese chess
» 31 gold medals presented at National Television Festival
» Vietnam education ministry plans to expand grading scale for better college admissions
Latest Category Posts
- Dustin Nguyen stars in Hollywood film
- ASEAN artists depict life in the Mekong basin
- National television festival wraps up
- Luy Lau ceramic wares displayed in France
- Vietnamese singer Ha Tran releases new album
- Photo exhibition features the beauty of Ha Noi
- Japanese literature to entertain capital
- A painter who ‘picks up pebbles' of life
- World Pie Eating Championships wrecked by mix-up
- Cultural Day connects Vietnamese, Korean artists
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Project Runway designers aim for repeat win
- Vietnamese Ao Dai to be shown in France
- Outdoor stages attract young people in Hanoi
- Celebrities pack HCM city for Int’l Fashion Week
- Exhibition highlights Cham, Khmer costumes
- Vietnamese photographer wins international award
- Vegetable carvings on display in HCMC
- VN International Fashion Week - Dream of professionalism
- Halloween fest scares, entertains Hanoians
- Photos show life in Ha Noi 100 years ago
- Exhibit features residents' Liberation Day photographs
- Miss Vietnam wears Hoang Hai’s bridal gowns at VN Int’l Fashion Week
- Artist creates ‘geometric game' with colorful prints
- Victor Vu to direct film based on best-selling author's novel
- Fireworks from tallest tower to mark New Year in HCMC
- Vietnam film project wins prize in Busan fest Asian category
- Institute for Applied Arts opens in HCM City
- Annoying habits commonplace among Vietnamese students, office workers
- HCM City to welcome New Year with $1.5 million program
- HCM City hosts first digital entertainment awards