The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnamese willing to pay sky-high prices for iPhone 6S
» Vietnam plans to control air quality
» Photos: Made-in-Vietnam hi-tech products showcased at Techmart 2015
Latest Category Posts
- Guitarist Tommy Emmanual to perform in Hanoi
- Female directors break down barriers
- Photo exhibition shows village life
- Female filmmaker in Love Triangle
- VN photo exhibition hosted in Germany
- Paintings based on stamps exhibited
- French centre screens VN documentary
- 2015 French Education Fair coming
- Japanese films to hit screens
- Australian fingerstyle guitarist to perform in Ha Noi
Popular Category Posts
- Russian ballerina's passion shows onstage
- Life in Ha Noi's Old Quarter on display at Paris photo show
- Diva's son wins piano hat-trick
- A cup o' Joe with a drop of English
- VNA exhibits journalists' photos
- Playwright Vu's plays to be performed
- Books and books galore: Ha Noi to host the fifth int'l book fair
- Ha Noi's past, present analysed
- Mitsubishi launches children's illustration competition
- Photo exhibition celebrates Vietnam News Agency's 70th anniversary
- Vietnamese photographer has work displayed at int'l comp
- Book reprinted to mark late musician's birthday
- Viet Nam's water puppet heads to festival in Malaysia.
- New children's book inspires love for nature
- Famous figures tower over City artist's sculpture garden
- Workshop focuses on Nguyen Dynasty mandarin's life
- Central highland ethnic group's culture to be showcased
- Into a 3D world: Saigon museum gives visitors cool visual tricks
- Vietnamese traditional opera drums beat in Paris
- Photo, video contest to mark National Day