The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» 40 Miss Vietnam contestants join charity work
» Voters’ opinions heard at National Assembly
» Roundtable features India-Vietnam cooperation
Latest Category Posts
- Exhibition showcases handicrafts from Japan's Tohoku region
- Events for the week October 20-25
- Miss Vietnam crown sets National Guinness record
- Calligraphy show celebrates Vietnamese Women's Day
- Statue set for national recognition
- Autumn-winter show reveals design talent
- Capital to host European language day
- X Factor Vietnam winner named
- Five records for ancient houses in Vietnam
- Vietnamese photographer wins international award
Popular Category Posts
- Foreign models wear Vo Viet Chung’s designs in New York
- Overseas Vietnamese singers more popular than local singers
- Vietnamese-origin designer shines at Paris Fashion Week
- Water puppetry to charm Tokyo's Vietnamese Festival crowd
- Charity run gathers young athletes
- Top Vietnamese designers ready for spotlight in Italy
- Ministry curbs use of foreign cultural symbols
- Holland’s author releases plane crash memoirs in Vietnamese
- 6-year old Vietnamese artist wins big award
- Italy - Vietnam Fashion Council formed
- Controversy over regional accents of newscasters
- Vietnam art lags behind other Asian countries at int’l auctions
- Vietnamese couple recognised as oldest in Asia
- Vietnam’s largest film studio approved to be built in Quang Ninh
- City orchestra to stage anniversary concert
- VN coffee shop among world's top 20 spectacular buildings
- VN artists join art festival in Yokohama
- Overseas singer debuts new MVs and free concerts for students
- Vietnam’s Central Highlands ethnic music fading in urban showbiz
- Two models to be fined for illegally participating in overseas beauty pageants