The two leading theaters in northern Vietnam – the Vietnam Drama Theater and Youth Theater – will be merged to become the Vietnam National Drama Theater.
People's Artist, famous director Le Hung, director of the theatre.
The theater’s director will be People’s Artist, Director Le Hung. The current deputy directors of the two theaters will be deputy directors of the merged theater.
In the future, the Vietnam National Drama Theater will include three members, the Drama Theater, the Youth Theater and a newly-established theater for children.
The Vietnam National Drama Theater’s head office will be a modern theater in My Dinh, Hanoi, which will be 7,000sq.m in area and 1,200 seats.
A scene from "Garden of Eden" of the Youth Theatre.
The theater has nearly 300 employees, including 100 artists from the Vietnam Drama Theater and 180 from the Youth Theater.
Mr. Truong Nhuan, Deputy Director of the Youth Theater, says that the merger was initiated three years ago, when People’s Artist Le Hung, director of the Youth Theater, was also appointed as the director of the Vietnam Drama Theater.
Mr. Nhuan adds that the Youth Theater and Vietnam Drama Theater are famous names in Vietnam, so despite the merger, they will operate independently to serve different kinds of audience. However, the merger will enable the arrangement of large-scale plays through using artists from both theaters. The Children’s Theater will be established as part of the newly-merged theater to serve kids.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Hung Yen to tackle lead poisoning in village
» Vietnam appeals to UNFPA for help on population policy
» AP displays photos of Vietnam War in Hanoi
Latest Category Posts
- Brothers Grimm's fairy-tales to be screened on VN television
- AP displays photos of Vietnam War in Hanoi
- Vietnam orders Chinese novel to be pulled for inaccuracies about territory
- Heritage Photo Tour 2015 kicks off
- ‘Golden Spoon' chef contest launched
- French movies to be shown in TPD, L'Espace
- Exhibition at Manzi features surrealism
- Concert combines rap, funk and other genres
- Underground music set for The Observatory
- Photo contest set for central regions
Popular Category Posts
- Ha Noi to host ‘Day of Vietnamese Book'
- HCM City's Hoa Phu Film Studio becomes operational
- Veteran artist's war paintings on display in HCM City
- Children's choir to croon Vietnamese and Korean folksongs
- Tri's sculpture exhibition opens in Ha Noi
- Indian New Year gala in HCM City
- Researchers' book highlights East Sea issue
- CNN introduces Vietnam’s propaganda posters in wartime
- Exhibition honors Vietnamese female soldiers in Vietnam War
- Exhibition fetes int'l solidarity for Viet Nam
- Novel coffee shop on bus in Hanoi
- ‘Love market' to be highlight of cultural festival
- Reprinted book highlights Sai Gon's architectural growth
- Pulitzer-Prize finalist's play to be staged in HCM City
- Image: The best performances at Da Nang Int'l Firework Competition
- Photos: Diamonds, rhino horns, antiques on display at new museum
- Ho Chi Minh City to host Japanese Festival
- Former Party Chief's statue inaugurated in Hung Yen
- Vietnam-China friendship celebrated in Ha Giang
- Australian team wins Da Nang International Fireworks Competition