Fantastic dance performances by Indonesian artists and Vietnamese students on Saturday at HCM City's Youth Cultural House kicked off a week-long cultural festival in HCM City.
Vietnamese youth enjoyed an exciting atmosphere with traditional music, dance and fashion shows about Indonesian national and traditional dress. Short quizzes were held to test attendees' knowledge of the country.
Besides Indonesian food and drink, Vietnamese youth were invited to join the dancers and taught simple traditional movements.
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Indonesian Consul General Bambang Tarsanto said the event brought Vietnamese youngsters a miniature Indonesia with diversified and special cultural features.
"I hope participants can learn about the atmosphere of Indonesia and feel what it's like being in the country," he said.
Indonesia Day titled Glorious Bali was held for the second time in Vi?t Nam to introduce the cultural diversity and wonderful tourist destinations of Indonesia to the public, with several photos exhibited at the cultural house until this Sunday.
The Glorious Bali event is held by the Consulate General of the Republic of Indonesia and supported by the Indonesian community in HCM City in co-operation with the HCM City Union of Friendship Organisation and HCM City Youth Cultural House.
The event aims to promote Indonesia's culture and to, bring Vietnamese and Indonesian people closer, particularly in the context of the ASEAN Community 2015, according to the Indonesian Consulate General in HCM City.
An Indonesian Cultural Day was held for the first time in the city on April 17 last year.
|< Prev||Next >|
» HCM City per capita income to top $4,500
» Togo seeks agriculture cooperation with Vietnam
» International Volunteer Day marked in Vietnam
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnamese cuisine reflected through lens of German photographer
- Zone 9 residents ask for maintaining business for 3 years
- Headquarters of ministries in Hanoi to be preserved as a relic
- Rockers to chalk up new milestone
- UNESCO lists Vietnamese folk music as world cultural heritage
- Expat Vietnamese director upbeat about young local filmmakers
- Rockers chalk up new milestone
- Hue protects monument to mourn soldiers who died fighting French
- Club for World Heritage sites founded in the capital
- Ha Noi student wins logo contest run by Viet Nam, Sweden
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Master musician debuts latest symphony
- Many old temples in Hanoi turned into hotels, underwear shops
- Comic popularises VN sovereignty
- Fashion winner to show creations in Paris
- Photo exhibit for love of country
- Nguyen Ha’s sculptures displayed at Vietnam Fine Art Museum
- Students win awards for anti earthquake model building
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Tuan's art portrays ladies in red
- Soprano superstar comes back with a bang
- Street festival to stir up capital's youth
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- Artists mourn communal houses
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Hue Festival pavilion draws huge crowds in Japan
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- The “X-Factor” comes to Vietnam
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap