|1. SonHa International...|
City: Ha Noi
|2. Tan Tien Plastic JSC.|
City: Ho Chi Minh
|3. Duc Khai Corp.|
Category: Electrical Goods
City: Ho Chi Minh
|4. Vinasun Corporation|
City: Ho Chi Minh
|5. Vinh Hiep Co., LTD.|
City: Pleiku City, Gia Lai Province
|6. Binh An Seafoods JSC.|
Category: Food Manufacturing
City: Can Tho
Moral guardians at the Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism have decided to tighten control over fashion shows following model Thanh Hang’s use of an e-cigarette as a prop during a fashion show in HCM City.
Thanh Hang’s use of a cigarette as prop while on a catwalk
Under its instructions issued on April 16, the ministry requested that heads of agencies under the ministry and directors of departments of culture, sports and tourism in cities and provinces under the direct management of the Government carefully appraise dossiers before licensing fashion events.
Licensing agencies have been told to tightly co-ordinate with local authorities to ensure moral standards, the ministry insisted.
Individuals and organisations found guilty of misconduct will be refused a license for future performances, the regulation said.
The ministry’s inspectorate and local departments of culture, sports and tourism were told to co-ordinate in investigating fashion events and apply strict sanctions in cases where violations occur.
The storm in a teacup over Thanh Hang’s e-smoking incident comes after several incidents including singer Minh Hang’s nearly transparent leggings at a charity event in Quang Binh Province last year and model Thai Ha’s wardrobe malfunction that cost the model a whopping VND5 million (USD239.57) fine.
Despite Thanh Hang explaining that it was just a cigarette-substitute that was a prop, complaints from some members of the public raised concerns that mindless young people would imitate her behaviour.
An official from the Ministry of Health’s National Programme on Tobacco Prevention said the incident contradicts the country’s efforts to raise people’s awareness of smoking-related health problems.
Thai Ha’s costume mishap two months ago
Minh Hang caused public controversy for her skimpy costume
|< Prev||Next >|
» Scanty outfits, lip syncing no longer in vogue
» Dep Fashion Runway 2 in pictures
» Hanoi taxi companies oppose city's management plan
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnamese celebrate Buddha’s birthday
- Fyfe Dangerfield to perform in Vietnam
- Gay-themed musical to debut on HCMC stage
- Long-legged bash’s unpermitted underwear performance to be penalized
- Filmmaking contest on school violence launched
- French dance group to perform in Hanoi
- Yayoi Kusama presents obsessions in Hanoi
- A lacquer painting exhibition in the forest
- Vietnamese poet Nguyen Du to be recognised as man of culture
- Cartoon funnies paint a picture
Popular Category Posts
- Contemporary art event ends in chaos
- From sex worker to TV inspiration
- American photographer and fantastic pictures of the Vietnamese
- Photos exposing the truth of the 'lust' Buddha statue
- Artists' war history a national treasure
- Intimate shows reign supreme
- What are young artists thinking about?
- Hanoi Sound Stuff Festival kicks off on Friday
- Golden Kite Awards: Blood letter wins best film
- Making historical films is a challenge for Vietnamese directors
- Google starts search for Vietnamese student envoys
- Craftswomen do it for art’s sake
- Exhibition spotlights plight of abused women
- 3 Vietnamese photos shortlisted for US magazine contest
- Japanese dolls empower generations
- Meditations of urban life in town
- An artistic reputation built from scrap
- Project Runway finalists unveiled
- Yuzuru opera comes to Hanoi
- Carving a niche as a master craftsman