An exhibition of more than 100 photographs of the Anti-American war, taken by photojournalists who worked for the Liberation News Agency (LNA) between 1965 and 1975, is open at the Reunification Palace in HCM City until Thursday.
The exhibition is organised by the Vietnam News Agency (VNA) and the Reunification Palace to mark the 37st anniversary of the liberation of Sai Gon, April 30, 1975, which marked the end of the war.
The images taken by the war photojournalists illustrate the indomitable spirit of the Vietnamese during the conflict, including the stupendous effort that was the Ho Chi Minh Trail. They also capture the indescribable emotions of Vietnamese people and soldiers on April 30, 37 years ago.
The exhibition, titled Viet Nam – Bai Ca Chien Thang (Viet Nam – The Victory Song), also features more than 50 pictures that record achievements in rebuilding the country after the war.
Some of the photographers won awards for their work, while others are known only as a name stamped on the bottom of the photos. More than 260 LNA staff members died during the war, 40 of whom were photojournalists. In 1976, the LNA merged with the VNA.
At the exhibition's opening ceremony, VNA General Director Nguyen Duc Loi called the photographers historians who recorded the country's history through their pictures. To this, they risked their lives in the battlefield, he said.
Also on hand were LNA photojournalist Dinh Quang Thanh, 78, who has several photos of his displayed at the exhibition as well as war veterans Vu Dang Toan and Bui Quang Than, who rode the tanks that crashed through the main gate of the then Independence Palace 37 years ago.
They met and shared their emotions and memories of the special day with students of the HCM City University of Social Science and Humanities as well as the HCM City Culture College.
|< Prev||Next >|
» VN celebrates 70 years of freedom
» India, VN reflect on relations
» Artists depict feminism, social issues
Latest Category Posts
- India, VN reflect on relations
- Artists depict feminism, social issues
- German film festival offers versatility
- Artists show off prize-winning photos in central region
- Japanese culture, cuisine and art festival opens
- VN film to be screened at Prague fest
- Revolutionary press on display
- Ha Noi to host second-hand book festival this weekend
- Vietnamese nationals win Talk! Talk! Korea prizes
- VOV reporter wins Youth Photography Festival 2015 prizes
Popular Category Posts
- Visa-free travel for people from five countries soon
- Russian ballerina's passion shows onstage
- Two Vietnamese farmers' films go to global competetion
- First Vietnamese model works in Paris
- Book reprinted to mark late musician's birthday
- Famous figures tower over City artist's sculpture garden
- New children's book inspires love for nature
- Poet Que Mai's book focuses on patriotism
- Photo exhibition showcases country's beauty
- MasterChef Vietnam season 3 opens for celebrities
- Hanoi’s night art performances lure foreign tourists
- Shows honour HCM City Theatre Association
- Plants from Monet's garden bathed in blue
- Playwright Vu's plays to be performed
- Gia Tri's painting fetches over US$99,000 at auction
- 2015 Piano Festival sounds at Ha Noi Children's Palace
- Short film contest to be launched in VN
- HCM City hosts second int'l belly dance festival
- The Voice VN coach closes Facebook following scandal
- Central highland ethnic group's culture to be showcased
Beauty & Celebs
Music & Singer
Cinema / TV
Our Latest Posts