An exhibition of more than 100 photographs of the Anti-American war, taken by photojournalists who worked for the Liberation News Agency (LNA) between 1965 and 1975, is open at the Reunification Palace in HCM City until Thursday.
The exhibition is organised by the Vietnam News Agency (VNA) and the Reunification Palace to mark the 37st anniversary of the liberation of Sai Gon, April 30, 1975, which marked the end of the war.
The images taken by the war photojournalists illustrate the indomitable spirit of the Vietnamese during the conflict, including the stupendous effort that was the Ho Chi Minh Trail. They also capture the indescribable emotions of Vietnamese people and soldiers on April 30, 37 years ago.
The exhibition, titled Viet Nam – Bai Ca Chien Thang (Viet Nam – The Victory Song), also features more than 50 pictures that record achievements in rebuilding the country after the war.
Some of the photographers won awards for their work, while others are known only as a name stamped on the bottom of the photos. More than 260 LNA staff members died during the war, 40 of whom were photojournalists. In 1976, the LNA merged with the VNA.
At the exhibition's opening ceremony, VNA General Director Nguyen Duc Loi called the photographers historians who recorded the country's history through their pictures. To this, they risked their lives in the battlefield, he said.
Also on hand were LNA photojournalist Dinh Quang Thanh, 78, who has several photos of his displayed at the exhibition as well as war veterans Vu Dang Toan and Bui Quang Than, who rode the tanks that crashed through the main gate of the then Independence Palace 37 years ago.
They met and shared their emotions and memories of the special day with students of the HCM City University of Social Science and Humanities as well as the HCM City Culture College.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Exhibition “Dan – Movements”
» Exhibition “Goat”
» Objects on display claiming archipelagos
Latest Category Posts
- New project promotes reading among primary school students
- Vietnamese researcher, designer strain for decades to accentuate ‘ao dai’ charms
- Hanoi mulls launching regular pyrotechnic shows near new bridge
- Actress Lindsay Lohan's community service questioned in court
- LGBT community still afraid to come out to their families
- Open-air market features Tet products
- Saigon Outcast serves up the ‘elements'
- VN bakers to take part in international contest
- Miss Vietnam 2012 offers Tet gifts to the elderly
- Fireworks over Red River on Lunar New Year’s Eve
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Project Runway designers aim for repeat win
- Miss Vietnam in Hung Viet’s designs at Spring-Summer Fashion Week 2015
- Thai designer’s collection introduced at Vietnam Int’l Fashion Week
- Genviet’s denim designs on the runway
- A painter who ‘picks up pebbles' of life
- Annoying habits commonplace among Vietnamese students, office workers
- Celebrities pack HCM city for Int’l Fashion Week
- VN International Fashion Week - Dream of professionalism
- Quang Nhat uses waterproof fabric in 'Couture' Collection
- Vegetable carvings on display in HCMC
- Miss Vietnam wears Hoang Hai’s bridal gowns at VN Int’l Fashion Week
- Photos show life in Ha Noi 100 years ago
- Ha Tinh to preserve 200-year-old dwelling
- Institute for Applied Arts opens in HCM City
- Exhibition on Gac Ma memorial designs opens in HCM City
- Seminar to discuss central region's traditional art
- Celebrities receive ‘Men of the Year 2014' awards
- Huyen My appears on Chelsea FC fanpage
- HCM City hosts first digital entertainment awards
- HCM City to welcome New Year with $1.5 million program