A photograph exhibition set to open today in the northern province of Son La celebrates the close friendship and strong solidarity between Viet Nam and Laos during the past 50 years.
It is organised as part of a conference on legislative co-operation between Viet Nam and Laos held on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of diplomatic relations between the two countries.
The show will be divided into two parts. The first section includes 100 photos taken by Vietnam News Agency (VNA) reporters highlighting co-operation and friendship between Viet Nam and Laos. The second part includes 60 photos taken by journalists working on newspapers in Son La Province spotlighting co-operation with the northern provinces of Laos.
"The exhibition aims to reflect the traditional solidarity between Viet Nam and Laos and highlight relations between the national assemblies of the two countries to strengthen ties further," said Pham Dinh Quyen, deputy chief of the Photo Department of the VNA.
On the occasion of the 50th anniversary of bilateral ties, Viet Nam's Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism has recognised the Viet Nam -Laos revolutionary historical vestige situated in Lao Kho Hamlet, Phieng Khoai Commune, Yen Chau District in Son La as a national historical vestige.
The exhibition runs until Thursday.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Photo exhibition illuminates Indochina friendship
» Photos capture northern beauty
» Photo exhibition portrays solidarity
Latest Category Posts
- Culture Vulture ( 11-12-2013)
- Amateur musicians to provide a taste of Europe in HCM City
- Exhibition highlights Vietnamese culture
- Communal houses in decline
- Ha Noi prepares for gay festival
- First art festival focuses on LGBT
- Ho Chi Minh City shines with Christmas glitter
- Artists create colourful mosaics
- French Year concludes with light show
- Singing competition to hit TV screens
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Master musician debuts latest symphony
- Many old temples in Hanoi turned into hotels, underwear shops
- Comic popularises VN sovereignty
- Fashion winner to show creations in Paris
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Tuan's art portrays ladies in red
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- Vietnam's most valuable paintings
- The “X-Factor” comes to Vietnam
- Thailand's culture ministry donates objects to Museum of Ethnology
- VN abstract icon celebrated in HCMC
- Artist shows respect for General Vo Nguyen Giap in unique way
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
- French artist paints Vietnam’s soul for past 17 years
- Champion of The Voice UK to join VN version’s live show
- Hanoi tramcars in the past and the future (photo)