37 years ago, five directions of attack of the southern Vietnam liberation army attacked the last den of the Saigon regime to liberate the south, and re-unify the country.
The Spring 1975 general offensive, with the Ho Chi Minh campaign as the peak, liberated southern Vietnam, successfully closing the war of resistance against the US. This is the theme of an ongoing photo exhibition at the Lam Son Park in District 1, HCM City.
Below are some photos displayed at the exhibition:
In late March 1975, Mr. Le Duc Tho went from the north to the south, together with Mr. Pham Hung and General Van Tien Dung, to guide the campaign to liberate Saigon.
11.30am of April 30, 1975, tanks of the liberation army went into the Independence Palace.
The liberation army attacked and occupied Tan Son Nhat Airport on April 30, 1975.
The liberation army occupied the General Staff of the Saigon regime.
The liberation troops occupied some sites in Hoc Mon and Go Vap in April 1975.
The Independence Palace on April 27.
President Duong Van Minh signed the surrender decision at the Saigon Radio on April 30.
Tanks of liberation troops at the Independence Palace on April 30, 1975.
Students were entering the Independence Palace.
People flocked to the road to welcome liberation troops.
Saigon people welcomed liberation troops at noon of April 30, 1975.
The Saigon regime broke up completely. From May 1, 1975, southern provinces were liberated one after another. In the photo: the liberation army was entering Bac Lieu town.
Boats carrying liberation troops to Ca Mau.
|< Prev||Next >|
Latest Category Posts
- Former jungle men depicted in documentary
- Hanoi to spend US$850,000 to restore iconic pagoda
- 900 Fukuoka students conclude exchange program to Vietnam
- Viet Nam to observe Argentina Culture Week
- The highest Christmas tree in Vietnam
- Thang Long citadel needs excavations
- Hue Festival to feature music of the royal court
- In pictures: Ancient tomb excavated in Hanoi
- Photos reveal Hanoi a century ago
- Artist paintings take centre stage in Hue
Popular Category Posts
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- Vietnam's most valuable paintings
- The “X-Factor” comes to Vietnam
- Thailand's culture ministry donates objects to Museum of Ethnology
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Artist shows respect for General Vo Nguyen Giap in unique way
- French artist paints Vietnam’s soul for past 17 years
- Champion of The Voice UK to join VN version’s live show
- Hanoi tramcars in the past and the future (photo)
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- VN artists aim to shine in Singapore
- The first exhibition in supermarket held in Hanoi
- Tre Publishing House joins international book forum
- ASEAN Youth Orchestra to play in capital
- Festival changes tune of HCM City music scene
- Vietnam's cinema – national, humane, creative and integrating