Thousands of visitors dropped by Vietnam’s stand at the ongoing fourth Friends’ Culture Fair, themed ‘Diversity in Harmony’ in Mexico City from May 12-27.
Illustrative image, Photo: VNA
On show are handicraft products including lacquer paintings, palm-leaf conical hats, the traditional long dresses worn by Vietnamese women and films about Vietnam and its people.
When addressing the opening ceremony on May 12, the city’s Mayor, Marcelo Ebrand, said that the annual event highlights people’s socio-cultural lives, adding that it also promotes sustainable development during global integration.
During the event, the Vietnamese Embassy in Mexico will hold an exhibition of photographs, books, newspapers and films about Vietnam and its people, culture and the achievements the country has made during its renewal.
This year’s event is expected to draw over 1.5 million visitors and generate nearly 65 million USD in revenue, a large increase on last year’s figure.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Mass grave found near Mexico City
» Disappearances at Mexico City bar linked to gang
Latest Category Posts
- Asian Food Channel comes to Viet Nam
- HCM City movie complex hosts Comedy Week
- Music, art show to raise funds for typhoon victims
- Best sculptures displayed at national exhibition
- ‘I’m not alone’: VN So You Think You Can Dance champ
- French author holds exchange in Vietnam
- ‘Cai luong’ wins back audiences in the north
- Amateur musicians to provide a taste of Europe in HCM City
- Exhibition highlights Vietnamese culture
- Communal houses in decline
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Tuan's art portrays ladies in red
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- Vietnam's most valuable paintings
- The “X-Factor” comes to Vietnam
- Thailand's culture ministry donates objects to Museum of Ethnology
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Artist shows respect for General Vo Nguyen Giap in unique way
- French artist paints Vietnam’s soul for past 17 years
- Champion of The Voice UK to join VN version’s live show
- Hanoi tramcars in the past and the future (photo)
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- The first exhibition in supermarket held in Hanoi
- VN artists aim to shine in Singapore
- ASEAN Youth Orchestra to play in capital
- Tre Publishing House joins international book forum