Many overseas Vietnamese singers and actors have returned to their homeland to either perform or settle down in the country and develop their careers.
Actor Johnny Tri Nguyen (white shirt) was martial arts director for the film Khat Vong Thang Long (Thang Long Aspiration).
Most of them already have a place in people’s hearts such as Charlie Nguyen, Johnny Tri Nguyen, Duong Trieu Vu and Nathan Lee.
Charlie Nguyen, who has received success as a director for films like De Mai Tinh (Deal with it tomorrow), Long Ruoi (Gang Boss) and Cuoi Ngay Keo Lo (Love Puzzle), is popular with Vietnamese audience.
“After making the film De Mai Tinh, I realise that conditions for making films in the country are better. I have more opportunities to make films for local audiences. The Vietnamese movie industry has developed and the increases in box office revenues show optimistic signs,” he said.
Director and actor Johnny Tri Nguyen is currently making an action film titled ‘Saigon-Cho Lon Age’. He is one movie star who has won audience hearts with many films like Hon Truong Ba Da Hang Thit (Truong Ba's soul in butcher's body), Saigon Nhat Thuc (Saigon eclipse), Choi voi (Adrift), Nu Hon Than Chet (Kiss of death), Bay Rong (Dragon Trap), Dong Mau Anh Hung (The Rebel) and Cuoi Ngay Keo Lo (Love puzzle).
He has been martial arts director of historical movies like Khat Vong Thang Long (Thang Long Aspiration) and Thien Menh Anh Hung (Blood letter). He has just opened a martial arts school in District 7 in Ho Chi Minh City.
On the other hand, singers Duong Trieu Vu and Nathan Lee have released impressive albums that have received rave response from music lovers in the country.
Overseas artists have been welcomed back home where they have a chance to be successful and also avail of good conditions to develop their careers.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Overseas singers face performing ban in Vietnam
» The glorious return of overseas Vietnamese singers
» Huge shows by overseas Vietnamese singers don't always deliver
Latest Category Posts
- Culture Vulture ( 11-12-2013)
- Amateur musicians to provide a taste of Europe in HCM City
- Exhibition highlights Vietnamese culture
- Communal houses in decline
- Ha Noi prepares for gay festival
- First art festival focuses on LGBT
- Ho Chi Minh City shines with Christmas glitter
- Artists create colourful mosaics
- French Year concludes with light show
- Singing competition to hit TV screens
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Master musician debuts latest symphony
- Many old temples in Hanoi turned into hotels, underwear shops
- Comic popularises VN sovereignty
- Fashion winner to show creations in Paris
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Tuan's art portrays ladies in red
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- Vietnam's most valuable paintings
- The “X-Factor” comes to Vietnam
- Thailand's culture ministry donates objects to Museum of Ethnology
- VN abstract icon celebrated in HCMC
- Artist shows respect for General Vo Nguyen Giap in unique way
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
- French artist paints Vietnam’s soul for past 17 years
- Champion of The Voice UK to join VN version’s live show
- Hanoi tramcars in the past and the future (photo)