A collection of 7 photographs by Viet Van, a photojournalist of Lao Dong (Labour) newspaper, will be displayed at the third Singapore International Photography Festival.
One of Viet Van's works, named The Breath, will go to the Singapore festival in October.
Viet Van’s works featuring monks sitting in a deep meditation at Truc Lam Monastery are among more than 9,000 selected entries from 59 countries and territories to be exhibited at the biennial event due to open on October 5.
The festival aims to discover emerging artists and original, contemporary photographic works.
Organisers will invite three curators Alejandro Castellote (Spain), Patricia Levasseur de la Motte (France/Singapore), and Zeng Han (China) to judge the entries.
The entries will be displayed in various places in Singapore in October along with workshops on contemporary photographic works.
The organisers will also bring these works to exhibitions across Asia.
Viet Van has recently won first prize at the international photo contest Creative Invite organised by the global social networking website Talent House (the US) and the photography’s community ViewBug (the US).
|< Prev||Next >|
» Free portraits given to people in need
» Vietnam – inexhaustible source of inspiration, says French photographer
» New books reflect on General Giap's life
Latest Category Posts
- Japanese orchestra returns to VN
- Artists create colourful mosaics
- French Year concludes with light show
- Singing competition to hit TV screens
- Piano concert celebrates VN-Aussie links
- Early 20th century glass paintings of HN on display
- Book on trafficking survivors in own words launched
- Charity Christmas Concert to charm Hanoians
- Exhibition sheds light on traditional design
- Live rock extravaganza dazzles 10,000 strong crowd in Hue
Random Category Picks
- Czech orchestra tunes up for VN
- Russian culture to be highlighted during Putin's official visit
- Vietnamese cuisine reflected through lens of German photographer
- Club for World Heritage sites founded in the capital
- In pictures: Popular model wins Vietnam Super Model 2013
- Pianist returns to his mother's hometown for concert
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Master musician debuts latest symphony
- Many old temples in Hanoi turned into hotels, underwear shops
- Comic popularises VN sovereignty
- Fashion winner to show creations in Paris
- Nguyen Ha’s sculptures displayed at Vietnam Fine Art Museum
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Tuan's art portrays ladies in red
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- Street festival to stir up capital's youth
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- The “X-Factor” comes to Vietnam
- Vietnam's most valuable paintings
- Thailand's culture ministry donates objects to Museum of Ethnology
- VN abstract icon celebrated in HCMC
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Artist shows respect for General Vo Nguyen Giap in unique way
- French artist paints Vietnam’s soul for past 17 years