Vietnamese photographer Tran Viet Van won a silver medal in the Fine Art – Nudes category of the Prix de la Photographie Paris (Px3) photo contest for a series of five photos entitled Memory.
"This series is in my project titled The Mystery of Woman – a project I have been working on for many years," Van said.
The photographer said his work revolves around themes of photography as a way to connect to reality and memories.
The Paris contest is regarded as one of Europe's biggest and most prestigious photography competitions.
It strives to promote the appreciation of photography, to discover emerging talent, and introduce photographers from around the world to the artistic community of Paris.
The jury selected the winners from thousands of entries from over 85 countries and territories. This year, six Vietnamese photographers joined the competition.
Van is the first and only Vietnamese photographer to win Px3 in four consecutive years.
Winning photographs from the competition are exhibited from July 10 at Espace Dupon, a high-profile gallery in Paris and published in the high-quality, full-colour Px3 Annual Book.
|< Prev||Next >|
» VN photographer an APEC Photo winner
» Vietnamese photographer brings home prize
» Press to tour South Korea
Latest Category Posts
- HCM City movie complex hosts Comedy Week
- Music, art show to raise funds for typhoon victims
- Best sculptures displayed at national exhibition
- ‘I’m not alone’: VN So You Think You Can Dance champ
- French author holds exchange in Vietnam
- ‘Cai luong’ wins back audiences in the north
- Amateur musicians to provide a taste of Europe in HCM City
- Exhibition highlights Vietnamese culture
- Communal houses in decline
- First art festival focuses on LGBT
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Tuan's art portrays ladies in red
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- Vietnam's most valuable paintings
- The “X-Factor” comes to Vietnam
- Thailand's culture ministry donates objects to Museum of Ethnology
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Artist shows respect for General Vo Nguyen Giap in unique way
- French artist paints Vietnam’s soul for past 17 years
- Champion of The Voice UK to join VN version’s live show
- Hanoi tramcars in the past and the future (photo)
- Art & entertainment highlights for weekend
- The first exhibition in supermarket held in Hanoi
- VN artists aim to shine in Singapore
- ASEAN Youth Orchestra to play in capital
- Tre Publishing House joins international book forum