Vietnamese artists are becoming busier than ever thanks to a boom in TV films, game shows and reality shows.
Minh Hang became more famous after taking part in Dancing with the Stars
Comedian Hoang Map said that he was taking part in several reality and game shows, a TV film project and numerous other shows.
“There are months when I take part in so many shows that I rarely see my family,” Hoang said.
Thuy Diem used to be a model, but now she just appears in TV films.
She said, “Most of my time is spent in film studios. I don’t even have enough time to spend the money I earn.”
Young artists now seem to believe that if they feature in as many films, game shows, and reality shows as possible, then they will become more and more famous.
Film and TV game show producers often invite young models, singers, and actors to join in their shows to attract more TV viewers.
These young artists want to become household names, so they accept the invitations. That’s the vicious circle both producers and young artists are running in.
Consequently, many young artists become well-known not because of their voice or their roles in a film, but due to the fact that they appear on TV so often, and audiences become familiar with their faces.
Due to their busy timetables, they are unable to put enough time into studying their characters, and may work on several different films in the same day. As a result, their work is below par and domestic viewers are losing faith in the Vietnamese film industry.
One director said, “The salaries for actors and actresses aren’t very high, so we have to accept that they will work on other film projects and TV shows at the same time. We just hope that they read the scripts before they start.”
An actor’s career should be remembered by the characters they play, which can be timeless. If artists run after illusive fame by featuring in many TV shows and film projects, they can earn a lot of money, but never the respect of audiences.
Huynh Dong, another contestant in Dancing with the Stars
Quach Ngoc Ngoan beceme hotter after Just the Two of Us ended
Actor Hoa Hiep joining in a gameshow
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam joins Singapore’s Affordable Art Fair
» Vietnam joins 2013 Singapore Biennale exhibit
» Modern painters delve into issues of identity
Latest Category Posts
- New Year concert promises to delight TV audiences
- Art & Entertainment Headlines December 7
- US catwalk queen to judge Vietnam’s Next Top Model
- French fests to dazzle Da Lat's dwellers
- Poland funds restoration of Hue monument
- Paintings depict memories of war
- Paintings depict memories of war
- Live Vietnamese rock concert to take centre stage in Hue
- International artists ink up for HCM City tattoo convention
- French fests to dazzle city dwellers
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Master musician debuts latest symphony
- Many old temples in Hanoi turned into hotels, underwear shops
- Comic popularises VN sovereignty
- Fashion winner to show creations in Paris
- Nguyen Ha’s sculptures displayed at Vietnam Fine Art Museum
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Tuan's art portrays ladies in red
- Soprano superstar comes back with a bang
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- Street festival to stir up capital's youth
- Artists mourn communal houses
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- The “X-Factor” comes to Vietnam
- Thailand's culture ministry donates objects to Museum of Ethnology
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Artist shows respect for General Vo Nguyen Giap in unique way
- Vietnam's most valuable paintings