Artists from the Bong Sen Theatre in HCM City depicted the national flower, lotus, in all its glory through song and dance at the National Professional Music and Dance Festival in Dac Lac Province yesterday.
Chuyen Ke Ve Sen (Story of the Lotus) was the city's sole entry at the festival.
The artists evoked the flower's simple and pure beauty through dances.
Following their act, traditional melodies in the form of chamber music filled the theatre.
Meritorious artist Dang Hung, director of Bong Sen, said his artists had been practising hard for two months.
"The theatre hopes to play a part in preserving and promoting the nation's culture.
"But it requires using new methods of staging and performing traditional music to achieve the desired effect."
Source: Tuoi Tre News
|< Prev||Next >|
» High-rise buildings illuminate Vietnam’s dynamic growth
» Lotus painter follows silky path to blossom
» Floral emblems of Vietnam and South East Asian nations
Latest Category Posts
- Student exhibition honours Champa culture
- Prehistoric traces discovered in Long An
- Poland funds restoration of Hue monument
- Paintings depict memories of war
- Live Vietnamese rock concert to take centre stage in Hue
- International artists ink up for HCM City tattoo convention
- French fests to dazzle city dwellers
- From Turkish comedy to Vietnamese music
- Headquarters of ministries in Hanoi to be preserved as a relic
- Zone 9 residents ask for maintaining business for 3 years
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese, French artists gather for Oh la la music festival
- Master musician debuts latest symphony
- Many old temples in Hanoi turned into hotels, underwear shops
- Comic popularises VN sovereignty
- Fashion winner to show creations in Paris
- Nguyen Ha’s sculptures displayed at Vietnam Fine Art Museum
- Conductor Tetsuji: 'Life in Vietnam is never boring'
- Tuan's art portrays ladies in red
- Soprano superstar comes back with a bang
- Five-star hotel recognised for preserving bomb shelter
- Street festival to stir up capital's youth
- VN, Thai artists exchange ideas
- Martial artist fighting for ancient culture
- Museums learn to think outside the box
- The “X-Factor” comes to Vietnam
- Vietnam's most valuable paintings
- Thailand's culture ministry donates objects to Museum of Ethnology
- Readers search for books on General Vo Nguyen Giap
- Artist shows respect for General Vo Nguyen Giap in unique way
- VN abstract icon celebrated in HCMC