Cyclist Dinh Thi Nhu Quynh won the 14th gold medal for Vietnam on November 13 at the ongoing 26th SEA Games in Indonesia.
Le Bich Phuong carried off the first gold medal for Vietnam’s karatedo team in the women’s kumite 55-kg event on the same day with a convincing 4-0 victory over an Indonesian rival.
Tran Hoang Yen Phuong also pocketed a gold medal in the women’s kumite 61-kg event.
Earlier the same day, marksman Ha Minh Thanh bagged a gold in the men’s 25m pistol event, while his teammate, Vu Thanh Hung, took the lead in the men’s 50m rifle event with 593 points, earning another gold for the Vietnamese shooting team.
In women’s fencing, Nguyen Le Dung had an outstanding performance to clinch a gold medal for Vietnam.
As of the end of November 12, Vietnam had won eight gold medals, including two in taekwondo, two in karatedo, two in canoeing and rowing, one in athletics, and another in gymnastics that will be added to the six gained on November 13.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnam targets top swimming prizes at 2014 Asian Games
» Women football remains 28th place on FIFA rankings
» Phuoc wins all 15 gold medals at national swimming champs
Latest Category Posts
- Ha Noi T&T defeats Arema 2-1
- Indonesia ready to take over 2019 Asian Games from Vietnam: minister
- Foreign athletes join Dien Bien Phu cycling tourney
- Officials go to Kuwait for withdrawal as the host of 18th Asian Games
- Duan wins fifth stage of tour
- Cuong enters second round in S Korea
- Hoang wins national shooting gold
- Tram retains third position at Asian chess event
- Minh seeded No 3 for Badminton Asia Championships
- An retains hold of jerseys in HCM City Television Cycling Cup
Popular Category Posts
- 2014 a big year for Vietnamese chess moves: paper
- For female wrestler Nguyen Thi Lua, a dream finally comes true
- Cong Vinh appointed captain of national football squad
- Tennis talent may be disciplined for not joining the national team
- Vietnamese athletes gear up for international competitions in 2014
- Liem jumps to world No 38 in world chess rankings
- Ciputra challenge attracts 300
- $150,000 granted for the national athletics team
- Swimmers set ASIAD medal target
- Quang Liem drops to second at HCMC int’l chess tournament
- Absence of top player dims VN hopes at Davis Cup
- Five countries support Vietnam’s martial art Vovinam at next SEA Games
- Elite swimmers train abroad
- Thien enters ITF Men's Futures main round
- US$150 mln for ASIAD 2019: feasible?
- Five talents promises to shine in 2014
- Vietnam to host SEA Games 31
- Viet Nam cueists to play at World Champs in Germany
- Cueists compete at Turkey World Cup
- Minh seeded 8th at All England tournament