Cyclist Dinh Thi Nhu Quynh won the 14th gold medal for Vietnam on November 13 at the ongoing 26th SEA Games in Indonesia.
Le Bich Phuong carried off the first gold medal for Vietnam’s karatedo team in the women’s kumite 55-kg event on the same day with a convincing 4-0 victory over an Indonesian rival.
Tran Hoang Yen Phuong also pocketed a gold medal in the women’s kumite 61-kg event.
Earlier the same day, marksman Ha Minh Thanh bagged a gold in the men’s 25m pistol event, while his teammate, Vu Thanh Hung, took the lead in the men’s 50m rifle event with 593 points, earning another gold for the Vietnamese shooting team.
In women’s fencing, Nguyen Le Dung had an outstanding performance to clinch a gold medal for Vietnam.
As of the end of November 12, Vietnam had won eight gold medals, including two in taekwondo, two in karatedo, two in canoeing and rowing, one in athletics, and another in gymnastics that will be added to the six gained on November 13.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Vietnamese sport at 2016 Olympics: Not just successes
» Vietnam clinches eight gold medals at Ju-Jitsu beach championship
» Malaysia includes Judo, Fencing in SEA Games 2017
Latest Category Posts
- Việt Nam Open 2016 to kick off in HCM City
- VTVcab brings NBA live to Việt Nam
- Việt Nam bags first gold in sepak takraw
- Hà Nội nails national fencing championship
- Nam continues rise up world ATP rankings
- Vietnam-hosted Asian Beach Games faces disinterest from teams, spectators
- Việt Nam bag four golds as Beach Games heat up
- Czech runner wins 100km event at Việt Nam Mountain Marathon
- Việt Nam bags three bronze medals at Asian Beach Games
- World Cup participant Vũ retires
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Prime Minister congratulates shooter for Olympic gold medal
- VN take golds at 8th ASEAN games
- Vietnam leaves Rio Olympics with one gold, one silver
- Big challenge for Vietnamese badminton players in Olympics
- HCM City Wings set VBA points record
- First world championship of traditional Vietnamese martial arts to begin this week
- 42 countries send athletes to Asian Beach Games
- Youngest Vien practices hard seeking swimming glory
- Nam, Thiên advance at Vietnam Men’s Futures
- Rio 2016: Vietnam’s hope for more medals fades
- Russian architect has deep passion for Traditional Vietnamese Martial Arts
- HCMC win six golds at junior swimming event
- Vietnamese athletes underperform on second day of Olympics
- Vietnamese flag flies in Rio Olympic village
- American coach excited about launch of domestic pro league
- International media praise Hoang Xuan Vinh’s Olympic victory
- Japanese sweep titles in Đà Nẵng
- Vietnam Olympic shooters lacked training bullets, PM says
- Vietnamese sport at 2016 Olympics: Not just successes
- Vietnam clinches eight gold medals at Ju-Jitsu beach championship