Cyclist Dinh Thi Nhu Quynh won the 14th gold medal for Vietnam on November 13 at the ongoing 26th SEA Games in Indonesia.
Le Bich Phuong carried off the first gold medal for Vietnam’s karatedo team in the women’s kumite 55-kg event on the same day with a convincing 4-0 victory over an Indonesian rival.
Tran Hoang Yen Phuong also pocketed a gold medal in the women’s kumite 61-kg event.
Earlier the same day, marksman Ha Minh Thanh bagged a gold in the men’s 25m pistol event, while his teammate, Vu Thanh Hung, took the lead in the men’s 50m rifle event with 593 points, earning another gold for the Vietnamese shooting team.
In women’s fencing, Nguyen Le Dung had an outstanding performance to clinch a gold medal for Vietnam.
As of the end of November 12, Vietnam had won eight gold medals, including two in taekwondo, two in karatedo, two in canoeing and rowing, one in athletics, and another in gymnastics that will be added to the six gained on November 13.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Women football remains 28th place on FIFA rankings
» Phuoc wins all 15 gold medals at national swimming champs
» 36 sports to be contested at 28th SEA Games
Latest Category Posts
- Organisers adjust V-League after Ninh Binh withdrawal
- HCM City women retain national tennis crown
- Cyclists prepare for the start of HCM City Television Cup
- Marksmen take aim for top prize at Asian Games
- Golfers teed up to celebrate festival at seniors tournament
- Four women athletes to train in the US
- HCM City face historic tennis finals
- Viet Nam win medals at int'l taekwondo tournament
- Teams battle at national champs
- Viet Nam win futsal tournament in Spain
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- 2014 a big year for Vietnamese chess moves: paper
- Athletes look forward to the new year
- Women's team seek to finish among top eight at Fed Cup qualification
- Vietnamese sport: From the 27th SEA Games to further goals
- For female wrestler Nguyen Thi Lua, a dream finally comes true
- Tennis talent may be disciplined for not joining the national team
- Cong Vinh appointed captain of national football squad
- Liem jumps to world No 38 in world chess rankings
- Vietnamese athletes gear up for international competitions in 2014
- Swimmers set ASIAD medal target
- $150,000 granted for the national athletics team
- Ciputra challenge attracts 300
- Quang Liem drops to second at HCMC int’l chess tournament
- Absence of top player dims VN hopes at Davis Cup
- Five countries support Vietnam’s martial art Vovinam at next SEA Games
- Elite swimmers train abroad
- Thien enters ITF Men's Futures main round
- US$150 mln for ASIAD 2019: feasible?
- Five talents promises to shine in 2014
- Viet Nam cueists to play at World Champs in Germany