Hoang Quy Phuoc and his coach have asked the General Department of Sports and Physical Training’s permission to stop training in the US. They wanted to return to Vietnam, and then go to China for drilling.
Quy Phuoc (right) and his coach in the US.
The General Department of Sports and Physical Training and the Danang Department of Sports and Physical Training, where manages Phuoc, have approved the petition, putting an end to the 3-month training course in the US.
In 2011, Phuoc broke the B standard of the Olympic 2012 for men’s 100m butterfly. His goal is to attain the A standard to get a ticket to the Olympics. However, the 3-month training course in the US, which was expected to help improve Phuoc’s achievement, was useless for Phuoc.
This trip was problematic at the beginning when Phuoc faced difficulties in getting a visa to the US. He went to the US ten days late.
After that, Vietnam’s leading swimmer could not register for the Indianapolis Grand Prix in mid-January because Phuoc and his coach were not good enough at English to fill applications.
Phuoc’s goal to practice with coach Sergio Lopez, the manager of the swimming club at Bolles School in the US failed.
According to a report by Vietnamese coach Dang Anh Tuan, Vietnamese swimmers, including Phuoc, did not make progress because they did not understand the American coach’s instruction, while Vietnamese coaches were not allowed to join American colleagues in training.
The Vietnamese team moved to another club, where coach Tuan could directly train his students together with American trainers. Since then, Phuoc has had to practice alone.
Before going to the US, coach Nguyen Tan Quang, Phuoc’s coach from Da nang, said that he did not know about the training conditions in the US. He only thought that it would be better than in Vietnam. In fact, the disagreement between Quang and his colleague, Dang Anh Tuan, the coach of the national swimming team, was a big problem of the Vietnamese swimming team in the US.
The trip to the US is said to be a big mistake of Phuoc and Quang.
To correct the fault, they will return to Vietnam and then go to China, where they practiced in the last two years, for drilling.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Swimmer Phuoc to carry national flag at Games
» Young talented swimmer eats 1kg of beef and 50 shrimps per meal
» Nearly 2,000 people become poor after floods in Quang Ngai
Latest Category Posts
- Swimmer Phuoc to carry national flag at Games
- Young talented swimmer eats 1kg of beef and 50 shrimps per meal
- Shuttler Trang advances as others fall at Vietnam Open
- Athletes train hard for 27th SEA Games
- Taekwondo team in search of gold
- World martial arts show to be held in Viet Nam
- Kiet, Cuong advance at Viet Nam Open
- Vietnam aims for 70-85 gold medals at 27th SEA Games
- Trang advances as others fall at badminton tournament
- Binh Dinh province shines in martial arts competition
Popular Category Posts
- Nam stuns Zheng to reach semis
- Vietnam aims to win 76 gold medals at 2013 SEA Games
- Quang Liem to compete in US Spice Cup 2013
- National Badminton Tournament’s schedule may change for Tien Minh
- Minh to face World No 1 Wei in Japan Open semis
- Shuttlers hope to net national titles
- Ha Noi lead tournament for stars
- Danish Ambassador, Running Man to join Mountain Marathon
- Nguyen Tien Minh: Hunting for the SEA Games title
- Huong crowned Asian queen
- People run for peace in Ha Noi
- Tien Minh’s lucky draw at Denmark Open 2013
- Cuong dominates archery
- Records smashed at VN athletics tournament
- Marksmen set up records in Ha Noi
- Badminton ace Minh gets huge sponsor
- International sailboats coming to Nha Trang
- Hoang Nam gains 23 spots on ITF junior rankings
- Le Quang Liem gets up to 34th on FIDE rankings
- Young guns set up grandstand final