Top motorcyclist Luu Thanh Tuan and his team-mates from the Luc Phong Motor team will take part in a tough race at the Viet Nam Motor Club Prix at Da Nang's Military Zone 5 Stadium tomorrow.
Tuan, who has been in top form at recent races in Can Tho and Binh Duong, said he would face difficulties because the other teams had revved-up their preparations.
"I'm ready for the race and hope to take the trophy. My team gained good results at the race in Can Tho Stadium early this year," Tuan told Viet Nam News after testing his motorcycle at the stadium.
"The track is a bit smaller than others in Binh Duong, Nha Trang and Can Tho. However, we have held more tests at the Da Nang track and are eager to race.
According to the organising committee, 28 professional racers from 19 teams nation-wide will race in eight-lap qualifying rounds with the top two in each round getting berths in the final.
The best 14 will compete in 10 laps around the stadium for the winner.
"Professionals will race on 125cc motorcycles in the two-stroke engine category, while amateurs will contest with four-stroke motorcycles," said vice chairman of the race organising committee Nguyen Tan Anh.
"All racers have to use Yamaha sport motorcycles. It's the first time the organising committee has allowed amateurs to race Yamaha Exciter four-strokes.
Le Viet Hoa, chairman of the Luc Phong team, said experience and good equipment would put his racers on top.
"Each lap of the track is only 400m and has four bends, so racers must be skillful at bends if they want to lead," Hoa said.
"It's a tough race because competitors will be thrown from the track if they lose control.
He also said the championship had drawn the best of Vietnamese racers, including Vu Trong Bang, Tran Ngoc Sang, Le Huy Hoa and Nguyen Viet Linh.
Motorcyclists are set to race their 125cc motorcycles in two categories of two-stroke and four-stroke engine for a total cash-prize of VND50 million (US$2,400).
Last year's race in Da Nang drew 48 amateur racers.
During the race, a Bike Fest Da Nang will be held at the stadium. The other stages of the championship will be held in Nha Trang, Binh Duong and HCM City.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Bikers set to roar at Motor Club Prix
Latest Category Posts
- First gold for Vietnam at 27th SEA Games
- Quang Anh wins silver at Kids Golf Championships
- World martial arts show to be held in Vietnam
- Vietnam's taekwondo team hopes for gold in Myanmar
- Local players find the going too tough at Viet Nam Open
- Host Myanmar wins first medal of 27th SEA Games
- Leading swimmer to carry VN flag at SEA Games opening
- Vietnamese athletes face mosquitos in Myanmar
- Hopes rest on Vietnamese wushu artists to bring home gold medals
- Huyen fights back to reach second round
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Nam stuns Zheng to reach semis
- Vietnam aims to win 76 gold medals at 2013 SEA Games
- Quang Liem to compete in US Spice Cup 2013
- Ha Noi lead tournament for stars
- Nguyen Tien Minh: Hunting for the SEA Games title
- Danish Ambassador, Running Man to join Mountain Marathon
- Huong crowned Asian queen
- People run for peace in Ha Noi
- Tien Minh’s lucky draw at Denmark Open 2013
- Cuong dominates archery
- Records smashed at VN athletics tournament
- Marksmen set up records in Ha Noi
- Badminton ace Minh gets huge sponsor
- International sailboats coming to Nha Trang
- Young guns set up grandstand final
- Hoang Nam gains 23 spots on ITF junior rankings
- Le Quang Liem gets up to 34th on FIDE rankings
- Huyen sets pole-vault record
- Ha Thanh placed sixth at World Championships finals
- An Giang shows no signs of braking at cycling champs