Ha Long City to hold ‘wonderful' international workshop; Website provides online tourism consultation, booking services; Travel firm introduces six-day tours to northwest
Ha Long City to hold ‘wonderful' international workshop
An international workshop will be held next Tuesday in Ha Long City, discussing the preservation and development of Ha Long Bay as a natural wonder of the world.
About 20 presentations by Vietnamese and international researchers and managers have been sent to the organisers.
The workshop will focus on Ha Long's development strategy to 2020 and discuss proposed effective management of the bay.
Last year, Ha Long received more than 5.5 million visitors, half of whom were foreigners. But the rapid social economic growth is threatening the natural environment.
Website provides online tourism consultation, booking services
Hoan My Tourism Co is offering online tourism consultation at www.dulichhoanmy.vn with information about inbound and outbound tours, how to select tours, and using online booking services. Company staff can be reached by calling a 24-hour hotline at 0938 336 336.
Travel firm introduces six-day tours to northwest
Vietravel has rolled out six-day tours to the north-west, a region redolent of mountains and valleys and terraced rice fields.
The tours, which will take in Ha Noi, Sa Pa, Ta Van, Dien Bien, Son La, and Moc Chau, will depart on Tuesdays.
But Vietravel advises customers to take the tours on September 4 or 18 or October 2, 16 or 30 when the rice crop will be at its most beautiful.
The tours cost just VND10 million (US$500), VND3 million less than the normal price.
Emirates starts Moscow - Dubai - HCM City service
UAE-based airline Emirates is offering a Moscow-Dubai-HCM City service from June 22 to September 30.
On a round trip costing US$650 net, passengers will fly directly from Moscow to HCM City. During the return trip, they will transit at Dubai and stay there for a night with a free hotel room and airport pickup.
Non-stop flight brings S Korean passengers to Cam Ranh
Asiana Airlines's first non-stop flight has brought 140 passengers from Incheon in South Korea to Cam Ranh Airport in Khanh Hoa Province. The carrier plans to operate two flights a week — on Thursdays and Sundays — through the end of August.
The province's resort town of Nha Trang welcomed 11,500 South Korean visitors in the first half of this year, according to figures from the Khanh Hoa Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism.
Regional tourism ministers to gather in HCM City in September
Tourism ministers from Laos, Cambodia, Myanmar, and Viet Nam will meet at the 2012 International Travel Expo in HCM City (ITE-HCM City 2012) in September to discuss the next steps in the Four Countries — One Destination programme and co-operation plans for 2012-15.
Thailand will be invited to join the meeting which will also discuss how to exploit tourism potential, and make the Mekong River basin more attractive to foreign tourists.
ITE-HCM CITY will also see a meeting of mayors of cities in the expanded Greater Mekong Sub-region — Phnom Penh, Vientiane, Yangon, Kunming, Bangkok, HCM City, and Jeju and Busan in South Korea — that will focus on tourism co-operation among them.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Visiting gold-leaf village in Hanoi
» Teacher brings new hope to young HCMC cancer patients
» Parents pose as teens to protect kids online
Latest Category Posts
- Five-element mountains amaze visitors
- Ancient coracles provide link to the past
- Vietnam Airlines installs self check-in kiosks
- Vietnam Tourism Awards 2012 winners announced
- Da Lat works to prevent scamming during 2013 Flower Festival
- Travel companies prepare for nine-day Tet holiday
- Lam Dong Province to set up tourism hotline
- Da Nang to develop inland waterways to attract tourists
- Tribal Disneyland prepares to show-off nation of 54 cultures
- Hoi An ancient town opens ‘Rest point for tourists’
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Foreign tourists not allowed renting motorcycles without a driving license
- Soc Trang highlights eco-tourism
- Ha Noi and HCM City budget paradise for English youth
- HCM City welcomes 2.8m foreign arrivals this year
- Inbound tourism enjoys robust growth
- Phu Quoc lacks hotels for Russians
- 4,500 foreigners join luxury cruises to Vietnam
- Hoi An one of Asia's top cities
- Tourism staff lack soft skills
- Hanoi electric buggies spark success
- Danang stages road shows to woo regional airlines
- S. Korea loosens visas for Vietnamese tourists
- Language hinders Russian visitor attraction
- Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park reopens after storm
- Water puppet theatre sets Asian record
- Hundreds of foreign tourists booked for tours to Son Doong Cave
- Water resources linked to tourism
- Vietnam ill-prepared for shared tourism labor market
- Hue on track to meet annual tourism target
- Hanoi opens more information kiosks to serve foreign tourists
Soccer & Club
Beauty & Celebs
Music & Singer
Cinema / TV
- First road to be named after late General Giap
- Vietnam through the lens of foreign visitors
- Valuable photos of Vietnam from the late 19th century
- There is a peaceful Hanoi
- Vietnam’s beauty through 100 photos
- VN hosts spiritual tourism talks
- In pictures: Da Lat – the city of flowers
- Hoang Su Phi market
- Outbound travel firms say tickets in Tet hard to find