|1. Hoang Long Hotel|
Category: Hotels & Resort
|2. Danang Golf Club|
City: Quang Nam
|3. Sun River Hotel|
Category: Hotels & Resort
|4. Truc Lam Vien Restaurant|
|5. BRAVO Software Company|
Category: Software Applications
|6. Nguyen Hung Stone|
Category: Arts and Crafts
Japan’s women’s volleyball team defeated North Korea 3-1 in Saturday’s final to retain the International Women’s Volleyball Tournament (VTV-Eximbank Cup 2012), while the Vietnamese girls lost 3-2 to South Korea to finish fourth.
Japan won the first set 25-19, then romped the second 25-16. North Korea won the third 13-10. However, the Japanese girls eased to victory in the fourth 25-19 to pick up the first prize of US$8,000.
Earlier in the day, the Vietnamese girls performed well in the first set to win 25-17, South Korea won the second and third set 25-20 and 25-21 before Vietnam leveled the tie with a 25-15 score. The Koreans, though, won the decisive set 16-14.
Second-placed North Korea netted US$5,000 and South Korea pocketed US$3,000.
In addition, North Korea’s Jong Jin Sim won best player award, while the Australian team won the fair play award.
Vietnam Television (VTV) organized the tournament for the ninth time in the northern province of Vinh Phuc from July 14-21.
The seven-day tournament drew teams from Thailand, China, Australia, South Korea, the North Korea, Japan, Kazakhstan and Vietnam.
This was a great opportunity for the Vietnamese players to sharpen their skills in preparation for the upcoming Asian Cup Volleyball Championships in October.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Chinese team wins int’l women’s volleyball tourney
» Domestic volleyball teams claim second win at VTV Cup
» 4 foreign teams to join VTV women’s volleyball cup
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam ready to kick off 5th SEA student sports festival
- Vietnam dominates ASEAN chess tourney
- Top weightlifters leave for Asian championships
- New Ha Noi newspaper running race kicks off
- Viet Nam to host Poomsae champs
- Thai Son Nam handed tricky draw
- Ha Noi 1 beat Coal and Minerals at women's football champs
- Binh Phuoc to host national 125cc bike race
- Anh Khoi crowned SEA Chess Champion
- Viet Nam team set for AIMAG Games in S Korea
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Vietnamese players qualify for Asian badminton championships
- Eximbank's Duan wins 10th stage of HCM City Cup
- Kim Phung wins U20 Asian chess champion the second time
- Hoang wins stage at HCM City Cup
- Viet Nam takes lead at SEA wrestling championships
- Quan wins stage as Dien retains yellow jersey
- Vietnam to embrace sports betting
- Quyen wins 12th stage of HCM City cycling event
- Top 5 Vietnamese female chess players on FIDE rankings
- Rainforest Vietnam Challenge attracts 25 teams
- Andy Murray management target India and Middle East
- Chesswoman Kim Phung wins big at U20 Asia Champs
- VN athletes win places at 2014 Summer Youth Games
- Duan claims second stage win
- Thao to be sole Vietnamese athlete at Asian Grand Prix
- Local players crash out of HCM City tennis tournament
- Tien Minh dispatched in Australian Open quarters by underdog
- Vietnam team off to World Challenge Cup competition
- Vietnamese win three Youth Olympic Games slots
- Saigon Heat defeated in 12 consecutive games