Two Vietnamese young football players have been chosen to join a month-long training course at Qatar's Aspire Academy for Sports Excellence. The two footballers, Hoang The Tai from Viettel Club and Pham Trong Hoa from PVF Club, were the top players at the Football Dreams programme, which concluded in HCM City recently.
Tai and Hoa will compete with other young international players for three-year scholarships granted by the Aspire Academy early next year.
This non-for-profit programme, which began in May and attracted around 60,000 boys aged between 13-14 from across the country, will offer participants free training for three years at the academy. In addition, trainees will receive a monthly salary and their families will also receive nearly VND150 million (US$7,000) per year.
Last year, the programme also attracted about 60,000 boys aged between 13-15. The winners were Nguyen Minh Hung from Binh Duong and Nguyen Phong Hong Duy from Binh Phuoc.
Football Dreams, a recruiting project that nurtures and develops young footballing talent, is in its fifth year in Viet Nam, organised by the Qatar's Aspire Academy and the Viet Nam Football Federation.
The unique scouting project is aimed at identifying future talent in world football. Since its 2007 launch, Aspire's Football Dreams project has tested over 700,000 young footballers from Asia, South America and Africa.
Da Nang-born Nguyen Thai Sung was the first Vietnamese player to receive a three-year scholarship at the Academy. He has been named in Viet Nam's 26-man squad in preparation for the AFF U19 Football Championships slated for September 2-8 in HCM City.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Ho Chi Minh City International Football Tournament: U-23 Vietnam held 2-2 by Aspire Qatar
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam hopeful despite 1-0 loss to Singapore
- Ninh Binh face strong rivals in first AFC Cup
- Singapore defeat Viet Nam to top Group A
- Viet Nam wins friendly against Laos
- Vietnam crush Brunei 7-0 in SEA Games football event
- Vietnam Football Federation Chairman resigns
- Team effort holds key to Games success
- Antiques dating back to the 14th century found in central Vietnam
- World Cup 2015 hopes growth for Vietnamese women
- Vietnam plummets on FIFA November rankings
Popular Category Posts
- Asian media praises U19 Vietnam
- U19 Vietnam to wear black armband during the game against Australia
- Vietnam to host 2013 U13 ASEAN Cup
- Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
- VPF says list of teams to play in V-league remains uncertain
- 2013 V-League top scorer naturalized in Vietnam
- VN youngsters set for Yamaha Cup
- U23's beat Dong Nai 1-0
- U19 squad embark on Asian qualifiers
- T&T win maiden trophy at U21 football
- Transfer market of Vietnam football slows down
- U23's beat Myanmar 3-1 in friendly
- Binh Duong hosts BTV Cup 2013
- VN make final preparations for Asian Cup qualifiers
- Football in Viet Nam is tough
- Vietnam defeat Al Arabi FC in friendly
- Exhibit on girls with sensitive jobs running
- U23 Vietnam national squad ready for SEA Games 23
- Four new faces for national team
- Futsal powerhouses to play in HCM City