Hosts Vietnam Police lost 0-1 to rivals Royal Thai Police in their opener at the ASEAN Police Soccer Open Tournament – Eximbank Cup 2012, which kicked off Wednesday in Ho Chi Minh City.
A Vietnam Police player tackles an opponent from the Royal Thai Police during a Wednesday game at the ongoing ASEAN Police Soccer Open Tournament – Eximbank Cup 2012. Photo: Tuoi Tre
In an earlier game at Thong Nhat Stadium the same day, the Cambodian Interior Ministry beat the Lao Ministry of Public Security 2-1 to temporarily top the table.
The Cambodian Interior Ministry takes on the Australian Federal Police today, while the hosts play their Lao opponents.
The tournament is being held to encourage exchange and cooperation among the public security forces of the participating countries.
The five participants compete in round robin games for a trophy and a VND 150 million (US$7,200) cash prize.
Runners-up and third-place finalists will be presented with VND 100 million ($4,800) and 60 million ($2,800), respectively.
Two consolation prizes and many individual honors will also be awarded.
The tourney concludes next Thursday.
Source: Tuoi Tre News
|< Prev||Next >|
» Police work with consulate over Frenchman’s death
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnam crush Brunei 7-0 in SEA Games football event
- Vietnam Football Federation Chairman resigns
- Team effort holds key to Games success
- Antiques dating back to the 14th century found in central Vietnam
- World Cup 2015 hopes growth for Vietnamese women
- Vietnam plummets on FIFA November rankings
- Viet Nam to play world, continental champions in Asian Cup
- T&T ready for regional challenge
- An Giang beat U23 in friendly
- Vietnam back to AFC Champions League after three seasons
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Turkist FC arrives in Vietnam for friendly game with U23 Vietnam
- Vietnam midfielder badly injured by Indonesian fullback
- Asian media praises U19 Vietnam
- U19 Vietnam to wear black armband during the game against Australia
- Cong Vinh summoned for Vietnam-Uzbekistan match
- VN U23 face Galatasaray test in friendly match
- Viet Nam scores first win in U16 qualifier
- Vietnam to host 2013 U13 ASEAN Cup
- Vietnam trounce Australia 5-1 at Asia U19 event
- Young players rekindle hope for Vietnamese football
- VPF says list of teams to play in V-league remains uncertain
- 2013 V-League top scorer naturalized in Vietnam
- U19 squad embark on Asian qualifiers
- VN youngsters set for Yamaha Cup
- U23's beat Dong Nai 1-0
- T&T win maiden trophy at U21 football
- U23's beat Myanmar 3-1 in friendly
- Transfer market of Vietnam football slows down
- Binh Duong hosts BTV Cup 2013
- VN make final preparations for Asian Cup qualifiers