Vietnamese opera singers perform arias by Mozart, Wagner and other German composers in a programme at the Ha Noi Opera House tonight.
The concert, entitled German Opera Night, will feature eight outstanding artists from the Viet Nam National Opera and Ballet singing under the baton of renowned conductor Jonas Alber, who is in Viet Nam by the invitation of the Goethe Insitute.
Alber will lead tenor Nguyen Anh Vu, sopranos Ha Pham Thang Long and Dao To Loan, and bass Manh Dung in highlights from Mozart's Magic Flute, Beethoven's Fidelio, and Wagner's Flying Dutchman which have never yet been performed in Viet Nam.
Alber studied violin and conducting in Freiburg and Vienna. The Herbert von Karajan Foundation awarded him a scholarship in 1995. He was named music director at the State Theatre of Braunschweig in 1998, making him at that time Germany's youngest conductor. He held the post until 2007 and has since worked with renowned orchestras around the world.
Alber conducted the Viet Nam National Symphony Orchestra and the Berlin Philharmonic Choir in a performance of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in celebration of the German Year in Viet Nam in 2010.
German Opera Night is being produced under the artistic direction of David Miller. Performances will take place tonight and tomorrow at 8pm.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Veteran musicians to hold concert tonight
» Saxophonist to combine jazz with folk in concert
» VNOB dance performance to highlight martyrs story
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnamese fans burst into tears seeing K-pop stars in Hanoi
- US band joins free concert for youth
- Television concert to feature old songs
- Malik quits 'One Direction', says wants normal life
- Ba Con Meo to reunite for Phuong Uyen concert
- Music night to celebrate late composer Son
- Electronic music, visual arts on display
- Music Bank World Tour in Hanoi (Video)
- Italian DJ to perform at Madake Bar
- Trio presents jazz music at Decibel Lounge
Popular Category Posts
- Singer Thuy Tien performs in HCM City after 15 years
- Hoi An to host fourth Viet Nam International Choir Competition
- Local group takes over, upgrades MTV Vietnam
- Veteran musicians to hold concert tonight
- Half-Korean girl, American teacher release Tet CD, music video
- Vietnamese music lecturer narrates memorable homestay in Japan
- Goethe Institute hosts classical music
- Khanh Ly postpones show in Vietnam, again, over husband’s death
- Asian Youth Jazz Orchestra to perform on February 3
- Pop singer rocks new approach to hits
- Pop stars ring in Tet with new tunes
- Singer Le Cat Trong Ly. Songstress back at Manzi for winter show
- Munich brothers' performance to open German Festival
- Spring concert to benefit music talents
- Old songs still resound in central region
- Live ‘mobile music’ growing popular at Vietnam parties
- Asian Youth Jazz Orchestra to perform in Hanoi
- Vietnamese indie artists revive centuries-old singing tradition with hip-hop
- Pop show helps build schools
- Culture Vulture (11-02-2015)