Vietnamese opera singers perform arias by Mozart, Wagner and other German composers in a programme at the Ha Noi Opera House tonight.
The concert, entitled German Opera Night, will feature eight outstanding artists from the Viet Nam National Opera and Ballet singing under the baton of renowned conductor Jonas Alber, who is in Viet Nam by the invitation of the Goethe Insitute.
Alber will lead tenor Nguyen Anh Vu, sopranos Ha Pham Thang Long and Dao To Loan, and bass Manh Dung in highlights from Mozart's Magic Flute, Beethoven's Fidelio, and Wagner's Flying Dutchman which have never yet been performed in Viet Nam.
Alber studied violin and conducting in Freiburg and Vienna. The Herbert von Karajan Foundation awarded him a scholarship in 1995. He was named music director at the State Theatre of Braunschweig in 1998, making him at that time Germany's youngest conductor. He held the post until 2007 and has since worked with renowned orchestras around the world.
Alber conducted the Viet Nam National Symphony Orchestra and the Berlin Philharmonic Choir in a performance of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in celebration of the German Year in Viet Nam in 2010.
German Opera Night is being produced under the artistic direction of David Miller. Performances will take place tonight and tomorrow at 8pm.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Beethoven's Ninth comes to Ha Noi
» Veteran musicians to hold concert tonight
» Saxophonist to combine jazz with folk in concert
Latest Category Posts
- Top Army singer to perform live
- Glittering line-up for Beethoven's ninth
- Laptops exit stage in experimental music night
- The Cube to host underground music concert
- Free music night for students at Cargo Bar
- Rock band to jam at City universities on free tour
- Culture Vulture (22-04-2015)
- Water music stuns visitors to Ho Chi Minh City’s first pedestrian street (photos)
- Music show to mark Reunification Day
- Pop singer's solo show celebrates reunification
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Singer Thuy Tien performs in HCM City after 15 years
- Munich brothers' performance to open German Festival
- Half-Korean girl, American teacher release Tet CD, music video
- Vietnamese fans burst into tears seeing K-pop stars in Hanoi
- Int'l music festival set for Hanoi Rock City
- US celebrity Demi Lovato to sing in HCM City
- Live ‘mobile music’ growing popular at Vietnam parties
- Old songs still resound in central region
- Culture Vulture (11-02-2015)
- French Institute brings fusion trio to play HCM City
- Traditional music to be presented in France
- US band joins free concert for youth
- Ministry permits VTV to broadcast Vietnam Idol show
- 200 artists featured on DVD for Lunar New Year
- New albums mark Reunification Day
- New TV programme appeals to young music lovers
- Music Bank World Tour in Hanoi (Video)
- Electronic concert to feature UK's Nic Ford
- Beethoven's Ninth comes to Ha Noi
- Concert brings solo oboist to Ha Noi