Vietnamese opera singers perform arias by Mozart, Wagner and other German composers in a programme at the Ha Noi Opera House tonight.
The concert, entitled German Opera Night, will feature eight outstanding artists from the Viet Nam National Opera and Ballet singing under the baton of renowned conductor Jonas Alber, who is in Viet Nam by the invitation of the Goethe Insitute.
Alber will lead tenor Nguyen Anh Vu, sopranos Ha Pham Thang Long and Dao To Loan, and bass Manh Dung in highlights from Mozart's Magic Flute, Beethoven's Fidelio, and Wagner's Flying Dutchman which have never yet been performed in Viet Nam.
Alber studied violin and conducting in Freiburg and Vienna. The Herbert von Karajan Foundation awarded him a scholarship in 1995. He was named music director at the State Theatre of Braunschweig in 1998, making him at that time Germany's youngest conductor. He held the post until 2007 and has since worked with renowned orchestras around the world.
Alber conducted the Viet Nam National Symphony Orchestra and the Berlin Philharmonic Choir in a performance of Beethoven's Ninth Symphony in celebration of the German Year in Viet Nam in 2010.
German Opera Night is being produced under the artistic direction of David Miller. Performances will take place tonight and tomorrow at 8pm.
|< Prev||Next >|
» Veteran musicians to hold concert tonight
» Saxophonist to combine jazz with folk in concert
» VNOB dance performance to highlight martyrs story
Latest Category Posts
- Vietnamese indie artists revive centuries-old singing tradition with hip-hop
- Asian Youth Jazz Orchestra to perform in Hanoi
- Artists awarded for musical achievements
- Pop show helps build schools
- Vietnamese music lecturer narrates memorable homestay in Japan
- Pop singer rocks new approach to hits
- My Tam to perform at ‘Dreaming together in Osaka”
- Street singing revived at Opera House
- Goethe Institute hosts classical music
- Khanh Ly postpones show in Vietnam, again, over husband’s death
Popular Category Posts
- A New York Jazz singer takes the stage in Hanoi
- Vietnam music fans upbeat at Korean dismissal of singer’s supposed copyright infringement
- Local pop star exculpated for music copycat
- “Echoes” project returns to Hanoi
- Vietnamese-Australian guitarist to perform solo in Viet Nam
- Rockstorm to highlight patriotic spirit of Vietnamese people
- European Music Festival to entertain VN
- Hanoi concert to feature Spanish, Latin American music
- One Asia concert to feature Japanese, Vietnamese artists
- University of North Park to award music scholarships
- Vietnam pop star named ‘Asia's Music Legend’
- Singer Mai Huong looks radiant in the snow
- Swedish jazz singer provides a night to remember in Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnam has two female DJs in world’s top 100: poll
- HTV hosts concert to celebrate winter holidays
- Veteran cai luong artist gives live show
- RockStorm7 to hit Hanoi
- Vietnam composer cancels copyright suit against music website following compromise
- Concert presents score of traditional music
- Jazz & World Music with Le Tab from France at European Music Festival 2014 (Video)