|1. Halong Cruise Tours...|
Category: Tour Operators
City: Ha Noi
|2. Questar Inc.|
Category: Software Applications
City: Ho Chi Minh
|3. Noi Ha Property Co. Ltd.|
Category: Estate Agents
|4. New Peaks Real Estate...|
Category: Property Consultants
City: Ha Noi
|5. Crunchy Frog|
City: Ha Noi
|6. Hue - Hapro TIC|
Category: Travel Agents
South Korea’s Allkpop website recently reported that Bao Thy, a Vietnamese pop singer, copied the idea of Korean teenage singer HyunA’s “Bubble Pop” clip.
The Korean website points out similar scenes in the two clips.
HyunA’s “Bubble Pop” video clip was released in late 2011 and it is in the first solo album of this 19-year-old singer. This is also among the hottest clips in South Korea last year.
According to Allkpop, Bao Thy plagiarized the idea of “Bubble Pop” in her “Ngay Vang Anh” (Day without You) clip. In this clip, the Vietnamese singer danced with friends around and inside a luxurious car like HyunA in “Bubble Pop.” The two clips are only different with the color of the car.
The popular news website of South Korea also quoted comments by some Vietnamese audience who wrote that watching Bao Thy’s clip, they thought they were watching “Bubble Pop” and “Let’s Not Follow K-Pop.”
Previously, Bao Thy was criticized for imitating “10 Minutes” and “U Go Girl” clips by Korean pop star Lee Hyori.
Bao Thy said that she did not copy the idea from HuynA’s clip and the information on the Korean website came from her antifan.
The singer said there is only one scene in her clip (five girls dance in front of a car) is similar to HyunA’s clip so it is unfair to accuse her of plagiarism.
“When shooting this music video, I and my crew planed to film dancing scenes in the car but the weather was unfavorable, so we could only use the dancing scene in front of the car because it was short in the early morning,” Bao Thy explained.
She added that the color in this clip was changed from blue to pink because the sky was grey so technicians could not use the blue. “If you watch to the end of the clip, you will see two male dancers joined us. The stories between the two clips are different so it is unable to say that I committed plagiarism.”
Bao Thy's clip
HyunA’s “Bubble Pop” clip
|< Prev||Next >|
» France's top rabbi Gilles Bernheim quits in plagiarism row
» Non-fiction book plagiarism gets more problematic in Vietnam
» Overseas singers face performing ban in Vietnam
Latest Category Posts
- HCM City concert to enthrall symphony aficionados
- Famed Polish pianist to perform in Hanoi
- Blind Japanese pianist stage Vietnam concerts
- The new golden era for young local singers
- SEAYCO, Champs- Elysees orchestras to perform free in Hanoi
- Young director jazzes up HCMC
- Lee Min Ho to give a live show in Hanoi
- Polish pianist to perform in Hanoi
- Upcoming Charles Pasi’s jazz-rock concert in HCMC
- American Jazz artist enthrals Hanoi audiences
Popular Category Posts
- ‘Spectacular' musician heads for Viet Nam
- Acclaimed Polish quartet set to dazzle capital crowds
- Hanoi to host French jazz concert
- BOTB rock reality show offers lucrative prizes
- Brass band celebrates Viet Nam – Japan Friendship Year
- UK artist to perform in Vietnam
- US performer to give free concert
- Belgian jazz pianist to tickle the ivories
- Ha Noi to host ASEAN music festival
- Daniel Gazon brings his magic to town
- Diane Witherspoon to jazz up Le Club
- Judge: No cameras in Michael Jackson death trial
- Divas reunite during seasonal music show
- Fundraising concert for cleft palate sufferers
- British rockers Guillemots in city
- Australian trio to bring sweet jazz to Vietnam
- Online show traces singer's tour
- Concert mixes traditional, contemporary
- Sofitel Hotel franchise joins French music festival
- Bac Lieu Province to host Southern Amateur Music Festival