|1. Au Lac Designs Co., LTD.|
Category: Arts and Crafts
City: Ha Noi
|2. ABC Group|
Category: Entertainment & Media
City: Ha Noi
|3. Bien Nguyen Co., LTD.|
City: Ho Chi Minh
|4. Duy Nguyen Co., LTD.|
City: Ha Noi
|5. TIG JSC.|
City: Ha Noi
|6. Hoa Tho Co., LTD.|
City: Da Nang
A guitar club in Hanoi gathers for street performances every Sunday afternoon at Ly Thai To Flower Garden, besides Hoan Kiem Lake, where local passers-by have chance to enjoy or even join in the melodious atmosphere.
A gathering besides Hoan Kiem Lake
Groups of young people play guitar and singing has become a common sight around the city; around them people enthusiastically adding their voices and others clapping along to the rhythm.
Some of these young people are members of an online guitar forum, Hocdan.com, one of the largest forums for guitar lovers in Hanoi.
Established in October, 2011 by Hieu Orion, one of the most famous guitarists in Hanoi, hocdan.com now boasts some 43,000 members, mainly students.
They chose this place to gather every Sunday afternoon with their guitars, cajon drums and harmonica, playing well into the evening.
Hieu Orion says he always has always had a special love and respect the street artists.
“When visiting foreign countries, I always liked watching people playing their instruments on the sidewalks, in subway stations or parks, without paying much attention to whether people listened or not. This really impressed me," he said.
The first meeting of the group was not online, but a personal gathering.
“I can still remember the feeling of that first meeting. It was unlike any stage performance. The atmosphere was just great," he said.
Sometimes the young artists are joined by older ones, such as violinist Ta Tri Hai, another famous street artist who has been playing on the roads and corners of HCM City and Hanoi, winning the love and respect of a large number of people.
Pham Thanh Tra, a 63-year old resident of Hanoi commented, “I usually go for a walk every afternoon around Hoan Kiem Lake and I always wait for the Sunday afternoon gathering of the young guitarists. We don’t have many street artists in Hanoi, so they are quite special to me."
Meanwhile, Laura Smith, an architect from America, also praised the performance. "Even though I don't understand all the songs, I really love this atmosphere. It adds a lot of charm to the city."
Some more photos of their recent Sunday gathering:
Most of them are students
Old violinist Ta Tri Hai joined the young guitarists
Playing well into the evening
|< Prev||Next >|
» City guitarists show their style
» Hawaiian guitar club puts on show on Saturday
» Second street art festival in Hanoi, HCM City
Latest Category Posts
- Local rock bands struggle to survive
- HBSO to perform New World Symphony
- Dane holds concert
- Local audiences to meet famed Japanese violist again
- Overseas conductor Phi performs in charity show
- BOTB rock reality show offers lucrative prizes
- Online show traces singer's tour
- Ngoc Dai’s album to be withdrawn and destroyed
- Thuy and Vu crowned at TV game show
- Australian trio to bring sweet jazz to Vietnam
Random Category Picks
Popular Category Posts
- Traditional music composers to have outing
- Int’l jazz masters join Saigon Tango Blitz
- Ca tru strikes fresh chord with young lovers
- Italian chamber group to perform great works
- British music tradition on show in HCM City
- Japanese to conduct Tchaikovsky
- Music festival showcases range of ASEAN talent
- Adrian Tan conducts city night
- RockStorm is not just music
- Two opera houses salute top violinist
- Opera talents perform German and Vietnamese songs
- Hanoi to host French jazz concert
- Belgian connection celebrated
- US performer to give free concert
- French singer/songwriter debuts in Viet Nam
- UK artist to perform in Vietnam
- Belgium's famous Jazz band to perform in Vietnam
- Justin Timberlake dethrones David Bowie on UK chart
- Rolling Stones to headline Glastonbury Festival
- Acclaimed Polish quartet set to dazzle capital crowds